Wanted,new bino's

I am looking to buy some new bino's for sambar hunting,and have my eye on some steiner predators 8x42.They go for $799 on binoculars.com.This seems to be a good price.Any other suggestions before I make my purchase.I have seen them in a shop,and they have also been recommended by a site member on a previous occasion.

Mate i have a pair of Burris 8x30 and they do the job well paid $175... My next pair will be the steiner predators 8x30 brought in from overseas $250US

Sambur only 2 days ago purchased some 10 x`s in this new comer,he SWEARS that they are as good as any hes tried,though he hasnt tried them early dawn late arvo yet and thats where it counts,they were $300 from memory...

I am currently engaged in dialogue with the Aus sole rights distributor,i am waiting on catalogues/prices etc in Aus.

http://www.olivoninternational.com/original/binoculars.php

I've got a pair of Bushnell excursion 8x42's coming from Opticzone as we speak. I've read some good things about them, but I'll know for myself in the next week. US$192 posted to me, A$395 advertised in a recent gun mag here. Whatever you decide on, you can save yourself some dollars by buying from the states.

John

I have a pair of nikon then bought a pair of browning 8x42 as a backup

I now tend to carry the browning as they are very very good

Check out the browning binos - pricing is very good

regards

Len

whaat !! mine are 8 x30 in the same brand are 249 USD

There seems to be a jump in price from 8x30 to 8x42.I was looking on Cabela's as well,and they were about the same price.Would be interested to hear how sambur goes with his bino's.