UHF Radios

Rono

I am up for a new UHF Radio and i am looking at the GME TX4400 with the NFI CD900 aerial has anybody got one of these radios and if so what do they think of them??? You can program extra listening channels as well..

GME TX4400

as far as im concerned, gme , u cant beat em. aussie made , tough as nails. i had a 4400 and couldnt fault it. i now have a new one in the family car - tx4600 - even better. im looking for a more convenient size try the 3200 or 3400 as they are much smaller but every bit as good im told. depends if u have a full din space to put it or not. cheers.

wilso.

Thanks mate ... I have got the center Roof console in the Nissan which has plenty of room and the UHF i use now is in there so hopefully its just a matter of pulling the old one out and putting the new one straight into the spot

my brother just got a new Uniden for the ute. looks like this

the faceplate/control panel is separate to the box which is mounted behind the dash. so the faceplate is not very thick and at the moment just fixed with velcro tape by the auto electrician !

he's looking into a better way to fix the faceplate to the dash (anyone?) seems handy as the big box is out of the way.

I have been told by a fellow that services and repairs radios that unidens are quite good but GME are very very good and while he has had the occaisonal uniden to repair he has never had any problems with gme radios

Cheers

Len

Ended up getting the GME TX4400 for $335 my original price was $369 and the store i got it from will beat the lowest price you get by 10%