Hunting Binocular Help

Hey guys i'm looking at a pair of Bushnell discoverer 7x42 binoculars for around the $200 us mark. These are my first set of binos apart from a crappy yamaha set I got free with a boat, they will be used for deer hunting exclusively, and on all species. Do you think these will be ok? Or should I be looking for something better, I dont want to have to buy another pair in a years time.

I just recently got the Nikon Monarcks in 10x42 from the states.Cost was US$310 plus postage.Gryph has stiener predator 8x30,cost at the moment is $225(or there abouts).For deer hunting it is important that you get a bino that is good in low light conditions.Try some dealers and see if they have any brands that you are looking at in store.Spend as much as you can.My first pair weren't much chop.I bought them without knowing any better.They are barska 8x42.They are fine during the day(like all are),but fail miserably in low light conditions.

The 8x30's that you use are $170 from www.opticsplanet.net which seems pretty cheap! How much did you pay?

Holy hell are you sure/

They have been 250 US for a long time then they started dropping the price,hey if you are correct they are a MUST at that price and they punch way above their weight. (price)

Mine were a gift from a good friend from the US that came out and stayed with me.

The 8x30's that you use are $170 from www.opticsplanet.net which seems pretty cheap! How much did you pay?

Ah i just had a thought,make sure that they are PREDATOR`S MODEL in the 8 x30 or 10 x 40. I will only vouch for the predators and mine were superb tonight while i was watching a sambar spikey,i will post a pic later on.

Ah i just had a thought,make sure that they are PREDATOR`S MODEL in the 8 x30 or 10 x 40. I will only vouch for the predators and mine were superb tonight while i was watching a sambar spikey,i will post a pic later on.

Yeah Gryph they are the Predator's model cause i am looking at purchasing them as well im just waiting on a reply from opticzone to see if he can match the price cause i dont know of anyone who has dealt with opticsplanet so i dont know how good there service is.

Yeah Gryph they are the Predator's model cause i am looking at purchasing them as well im just waiting on a reply from opticzone to see if he can match the price cause i dont know of anyone who has dealt with opticsplanet so i dont know how good there service is.

Mate you are looking at the "DEMO" model add another 30 bucks for brand new.

Demo should be fine,mine have been demoed for years now and are great,they were again this morning.

Read the attachment...still mvery very cheap binos

post-249-1207087969_thumb.jpg

Mate you are looking at the "DEMO" model add another 30 bucks for brand new.

Demo should be fine,mine have been demoed for years now and are great,they were again this morning.

Read the attachment...still mvery very cheap binos

aaahhhhhh i didnt even realise, lucky i didnt order as i would prefer the brand newies. Thanks Gryph.

Yes mate they are the Waterproof ones and only 6oz heavier than the 8 x 30

10 x 40

Field of view: 273 feet @ 1000 yards

Color Adjusted Transmission (CAT) lens coating

Sports Auto-Focus system

Waterproof

Rubber armoring

Includes: Raingaurd, harness, objective covers

Weight: 24 oz.