Cabela

Worm

Bought a Hooded jacket from Cabela's (America) just over a week ago. Mossy Oak 3D light weight hooded jacket. Didnt take long to delivery at all and am very happy with it.

Postage is 20% of total order or $20 (which ever is more), so it can work out pretty expensive.

I got this jacket for $107 (after postage and our recently sh*tty aus dollar)

Ended up buying some scrim to cover gun/face/bino etc...

dsc00827kg3.jpg

Obviously im wearing my work pants and not my aus cam :lol:

dsc00826rm3.jpg

I think I need to get one for my dog, she stands out to much :P

I would recommend Cabela gear.... even if its just for the bling B)

Nah, its completely silent.

The leaf is 100% cotton. The shell is 100% polyester. Breathable. Just slip it over whatever you are wearing to suit the current weather.

I was worried about the pattern/color as alot of the American gear is a light color with alot of oak leaf print. This is a very dark green.... not so good for Grampians but will be rather good for NE victoria.

Hope you didnt pay extra for air freight!

Apparently it takes the same amount of time for half the price using land freight.

I got mine in just over a wk, so you will have yours by the 29th.

Just out of interest, what did you purchase?

Worm,

I got a gore tex blaze/camo jacket and some camo pants. I'm pretty keen on not getting cracked by some other keen punter.

I've bought allot of outdoor gear from the states, mostly when I've been there, and in general its sh!ts on the stuff available here. Better design, better technology.

And, um, yes I did shell out for the air postage :(

Its only money!

cheers

TD

I use Cabela's all the time, there service is fantastic and so far all the gear i have got from them has been top notch!!

Im gona get a Nikon Monarch 6x24x50 scope from them once the dollar climbs back up again. :D :D

I recommend looking at the Cabela's Trophy Properties link on their site it gets you licking your lips!!!

Edited by shet111

Worm,

I got a gore tex blaze/camo jacket and some camo pants. I'm pretty keen on not getting cracked by some other keen punter.

I've bought allot of outdoor gear from the states, mostly when I've been there, and in general its sh!ts on the stuff available here. Better design, better technology.

And, um, yes I did shell out for the air postage :(

Its only money!

cheers

TD

If you can cancel your order or even stop the credit card I would and go the cheaper postage. It takes no more then 8 working days for the cheaper postage. I got a set of their boots the other day... WEll Irish setter is the brand and they are excellent so far, heaps better then any thing I can find here. and cost about 110 bucks with postage.

Xav

Im gona get a Nikon Monarch 6x24x50 scope from them once the dollar climbs back up again. :D :D

Cabelas don't send scopes international and our dollar ain't going back up unfortunately.

Xav

Edited by xavie

I dont have alot of experiance buying gear, but Cabelas stuff does seem like good gear. No one really complains. So I will probably buy future stuff from them also.

Will be interesting to see if you get your stuff quicker using air freight. Keep us posted B)

Cabelas don't send scopes international and our dollar ain't going back up unfortunately.

Xav

Yeah just found that out and it blows!!.... Ebay it is. :D :D

As for the dollar i think it will go back up and be where it was buy christmas as the "sub-prime mortgage crisis" is only getting worse according to my auntie over there...??

I just bought the same jacket from Cabelas (with pants as well). Now all I need is a chance to use it! Arrived in a week and a half and I just had the standard 20% postage. I'm pretty happy and will definitely be using them again.

As for the Aussie dollar, I don't think we will see it back up in the mid to high 90's for a while. Especially since our next move in interest rates will be down and the US will be up. You can use that excuse with the missus as to why you're buying so much stuff now!

Stuff has arrived. They had to check my card address, as I used the work address but the billing address was home, and that was Thursday last week I got the OK. So basically 2-3 business days. Its heavier than I'd like (more insulation) but you get that with clothes that you can't see before you buy. Still, it'll be working hard to keep me warm this weekend.

cheers

TD