Post Pics Of Your Safe

stahlhut

I'm not going to post a pic of mine on an open forum but it is worth around a grand and fits 12 rifles. I spent a bit because after seeing some of the cheap safes and how easy they would be to cut through I couldn't bare to put my firearms in something like that.

I'm not going to post a pic of mine on an open forum but it is worth around a grand and fits 12 rifles. I spent a bit because after seeing some of the cheap safes and how easy they would be to cut through I couldn't bare to put my firearms in something like that.

i didnt mind posting mine because i dont have any guns it it. so not worried about people trying to burg me or anything. its just for short term storage if i buy a rifle until i take them up the farm where they permanently live in my grandfathers 10 gun safe. thats why i wasnt too concerned with what my mate built when i asked him but i was still impressed for the price :)

Nothing wrong with that BT3 looks good mate..... I have a Lockaway safe fits about 6 guns in it... When the kids start collecting there own guns i will have to up size......

I have a Scorpion global 5 gun safe with ammo box. $270.00 Electronic keypad with key override. Cheap safe and is faily obvious why. I have modified it though. Being an electrician, I have mine wired to a 1000V power supply in the roof with two micro switches, if it is removed or forced open.........Ouch serious ouch. Not sure on the legalities of this little bad boy, but stuff it, they are my guns and no-one is taking them.

Stalker

Not sure on the legalities of this little bad boy, but stuff it, they are my guns and no-one is taking them.

If you don't have a lot of warning signs on the safe and the cupboard about high voltage, then the drop-kicks trying to nick your stuff could sue you into the next life for damages. Not sure if there's a criminal offence for setting a trap, but there may be. However if you go to reasonable efforts to warn intruders that there is high voltage then you'd have a shot at a defence. I think you'd also need a reason (other than electrocuting burglars) for the high voltage, maybe you could dream one up.

cheers

TD

My safe is an SG3 from fox safe. 8-10 guns...paid $395 2yrs ago and they have gone up a bit. Nothing fancy, good solid safe. It's in the double garage, which has a lounge and tv in it too. The garage is very secure in itself and theres never a night where theres no one home. I can reccomend fox safe for effecient and friendly help and very quick delivery.

I sleep easy.

Hey stalker, any chance you could send me one of those HV hookups...perhaps with a key activated on/off switch as opposed to microswitches?

Edited by coffs shooter

Coffs shooter, mate mine is a total home made job, fairly agricultural. They need to be fairly house and safe specific. Why not try one of your local blokes......few slabs maybe some venison steaks........couldn't take too much more convincing. I was thinking of making them that just plug in to a power point so I could start to sell them but they are not much good if you can just unplug them.

Sorry I cn't help much more than that.

I do have warning signs on the safe.

Stalker

this cost me a slab of jimmys coz my mate made it for me. i was pretty impressed when he bought it around :D

riflesafe.jpg

Hey Brenny... I dont know bout down in VIC but when i was building my cabinet i was told by the coppers and the FAR that all hinges had to be internal. Yours are external so it wouldnt be passed in NSW but VIC may be different.

Hey Brenny... I dont know bout down in VIC but when i was building my cabinet i was told by the coppers and the FAR that all hinges had to be internal. Yours are external so it wouldnt be passed in NSW but VIC may be different.

yeah in Vic they only want a sturdy container that if under a certain weigh (120kgs??) it has to be bolted to the wall floor like mine is with three big dynabolts. its actually a pretty brief paragraph about storage requirements on the vic police website

i think it only gets serious with pistol storage in Vic where all the steal even door has to be 4mm steal and so on. or if you have 16+ firearms.

im getting him to make another one now coz i want my tactical container to fit straight in when my tikka is home so i dont have to store the scope separate and it dosnt get knocked and ill get him to put them on the inside :D

VIC laws are crap. As brenny said, the safe just has to be stirdy, bolted to the ground/wall or weight over 150kg... You are legaly allowed to put them in old school lockers ffs The firearms act is stupid the more I think about it hah

considering that if a thief falls through your ceiling whilst trying to break into your home they can sue you (and yes this has happened) id say that any sort of electrical current hooked up to a safe would definately see you loosing alot more than your gun collection. a good idea is to put signage up telling thiefs that explosives are contained inside. this will help stop grinding and blow torching. maybe. but for a couple of bucks to buy a sign its another cheap form of protection. but hiding your gun safe is the best defence, if a thief cant find it they cant take it or its contents.

It's a bit like the "Beware of the Dog" sign though guys. If you put one up, you admit liability, if someone jumps your fence and the dog attacks them, well you knew your dog was dangerous, you admitted it with your sign. In the case of the safe shocker, I would simply come home to a dead dude on the floor........walk him up the street a bit and plonk him there.....simple, he was never at my joint.....That sounds a bit evil doesn't it. Oh well, keep ya filthy mits of my stuff!! B)