Gme Tx3400 Uhf Calling Problems!

Robbo .308

G'day Fella's,

Just picked up a new commodore and the UHF that is in it doesn't seem to be working properly. The thing is, i can recieve calls but i cannot make calls, and its not the handpiece because i have already plugged a new one into the box. Its really annoying because people are calling me and i cant respond! Im thinking i just need to press a few buttons to fix it, but i dont know what to press. I have looked at the users manual about 5 times and there is nothing that explains this problem.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

G'day Fella's,

Just picked up a new commodore and the UHF that is in it doesn't seem to be working properly. The thing is, i can recieve calls but i cannot make calls, and its not the handpiece because i have already plugged a new one into the box. Its really annoying because people are calling me and i cant respond! Im thinking i just need to press a few buttons to fix it, but i dont know what to press. I have looked at the users manual about 5 times and there is nothing that explains this problem.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Have you checked to see if its set to duplex mode on channel 1-8? If you only tried channels 1-8 that could be the problem most people use simplex mode. Try a range of channels eg. 9-40. If your getting no signal at all out of it it might be defective in some way. If it receives a signal clear enough then it should mean the antenae is ok and the cable to it so there probably is something wrong with the unit.

Hey robbo

Dont know if this will help, i had same problem with my uniden. i could receive clearly but no one could hear me turns out bad connection where cable meets unit. New connector and all sweet now.

good luck :rolleyes:

How old is yours compared to theirs? New ones will pick up old CB signal, but old ones wont pick up new signals. I found this when I got my troopie and it had an old CB and my mates hilux had a new GME. He could hear me, I couldn't hear him.

G'day Fella's,

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

sounds like somthing is blown inside could be a output transistor or a diode ,usually happens when somone crosses the wires or tried turn the power up in it or uses a incorrect antenna for that frequency ,Take it to a technician to run a check should only cost about $60 to solder a new diode in it.

Edited by Foxforce

Mate, we got a 3400 in the Isuzu truck and it oftem does that, recieves everything great but doesn't transmit.

I found if I unplugged the lead from the head unit into the box, and plugged it back in, all was ok until a few bumps then it seems to loose contact in the tiny clear plug, or the female recptacle in the box.

Try that, at least on this one, it fixes it temporarily. Must get it down to Olbis to get it fixed.