Swags

billygoat

King size single are plenty big enough...I have a Burke & Will Redgum it is plenty big enough for me and those who know me will tell you i am not a small person

King size single are plenty big enough...I have a Burke & Will Redgum it is plenty big enough for me and those who know me will tell you i am not a small person

Second vote for King Size Single. Just that fraction more than a single, but nowhere near as big and bulky as a double.

And that fraction more makes all the difference when it comes to comfort.

Edited by mickj

Hey Billygoat check out Aldi supermarkets they have double swags for $149.00 it will probably do you for the amount of times you get out,that is if you end up coming this time.

Yes mate i will be coming this time and i will pop into Aldi to check those swags out.Also do people use sleeping bags with the swag or just use them as they are?

Here is a link to the swag have a look before you go in there

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_6074.htm

Mate my recommendation on swags is that a cheap swag is false economy. Yes you can get a cheapie for $150, but it will probably only last you a year or two, and will fail in difficult conditions such as high wind or heavy rain, the stiching will start to come apart, the waterproofing will fail etc, etc.

Or you could spend a bit over double that price, and have a good quality product that will see you through ten years or more in every weather condition.

So if you can hold off a bit until you get the money to get something quality, you will get much more use, and value out of it.

Yeah it is big for one person but how often do you walk in to your campsite? and they are still pretty light

Hi

I didn't mean it was big for one person to carry around, I mean't it was a big swag to take for just one person to use. If you want a roomier swag buy one of the over sized single swags that are available from some manufacturers.

It doesn't matter with me if I am tramping or driving; I still try and reduce the size, weight and quantity etc of the gear that I take when I go hunting.

Hey in the end its up to you

:)

Another vote for the king single here.

I have a Mitchell and it is very warm and comfortable.

Makes it hard to get up on those cold mornings for a shot!!!

Hi

I didn't mean it was big for one person to carry around, I mean't it was a big swag to take for just one person to use. If you want a roomier swag buy one of the over sized single swags that are available from some manufacturers.

It doesn't matter with me if I am tramping or driving; I still try and reduce the size, weight and quantity etc of the gear that I take when I go hunting.

Hey in the end its up to you

:)

Fair enough mate its just that the swag before this one was way too small so thats why I went the double.

And NO Im not a fat pr1ck :P:lol::lol:

no doubt a stupid question.....but why a swag? I tried one King size and found it clostrophobic and uncomfortable. I will be going back to a 4to 6 man tent minimum when driving (cheap in Kmart and often on sale) and am looking at the light all season mountaineering tents that you can stick in a pack for when I walk. Am I missing some major advantage of a swag. It seems to take up as much space in the truck as my 12 man tent?

and yes I am a fat pr1ck :D

Edited by Hairyhunter

Sways are easy to set up and very warm to sleep in perfect for the VIC High country but if you are sleeping in hot conditions just have the fly mesh zipped up and its just like sleeping under the stars with the protection against the Mozzies

i think its the same as all things in hunting if you can save and spend a bit more you are better of getting the more pricey swags as you will save money in the long time, i got a darche about 20 odd years ago and its still going strong and i got a cheapy one for my son last year and spent 150 on it and ill be getting a new one before winter next year cause it not holding up to well.

if you can borrow one for a nite and sleep in it overnite in the back yard then you will know if you are comfortable in sleeping in one too.

G'day fella's

just wondering if anyone has tried the swags below.

http://www.swagsaustralia.com/budget_swags.php

the first one looks like a great rain catcher so i wouldnt use it when it hammers down although it doesnt do that enough lately

cheers