Swags

billygoat

I went out with a group of hound hunters over the long weekend, these guys spend many months of the year out in the bush. i slept in a swag for the first time, we all had our swags under big tarps stretched between a couple of trees. It rained one night and noone got wet. Mine is a king single and and its easy to just unroll it and get in.

Edited by Jack

You Need two swags, a winter swag and a summer swag.

I have a burk and will coolabah double for a summer swag, plenty of room, practically a tent fine for two but when you are in it on your own and had a few drinks it is the best. The main reason a swag beats a tent is that when you pack up your tent, you still have to roll up your mattress, and then pack away your sleeping bags. And by the time you get yourself a decent mattress more than 20mm thick you might as well have a swag.

My winter swag is a handmade one made locally, which has a blanket stiched in and is more of a traditional style. It is a bit more cramped however you don't mind that when it gets really cold. It is fine for the summer aswell however I tend to overheat, even with only the stitched in blanket.

Only bad thing about a swag is if you ever stay in a caravan park in one. Not a lot of privacy, Only done this once, and from now on if we are in a caravan park, we get a cabin however with swags you are more likley just to go find somewhere off the road to pull over and sleep.

Groovy