Led Lenser X21

Curly1

That really is comparing apples to oranges. The whole point of the X21 is that it is the best and brightest handheld LED torch.

The whole point of what I've written is not to fall for the 500m bullsh1t, and that as a shooting spotty the X21 is not the be-all and end all of battery lights.

So what if it's D cell or rechargeable, LED or conventional, it's a portable battery torch, that's "aimed" at shooting. So, bearing that in mind, it isn't that great.

We were out chasing a particular pig and then a raiding fox Saturday night, the missus and me both had a torch, me the X21 and her the enforcer, and after 5 minutes we were fighting for the enforcer.

And off a quad bike, the straight torch handle on the X21 is hopeless and awkward, whereas the pistol grip of the enforcer points like a pistol and you can actually aim the thing without transplanting a chimpanzee arm on yourself. And, when you click off the enforcer's battery and click on the accessory 12v lead straight onto the battery on the bike or car, it just dumps on the X.

Like I hinted in my post, there aren't too many people that'd chuck big dough at a bloody torch and admit it's not what was expected. It's all about pride.

Oh and by the way, I did say the X21 was twice maybe three times brighter than the tiny P7, says a helluva lot for the P7, which is also often way over quoted in distance by hunters. Maybe some of them should get themselves a rangefinder.

I'd bet, that most people given the opportunity to see one of these torches in the dark, over reading the hype in the ads, many more would walk out of the shop with the bank balance intact waiting for something better.

The whole point of the X21 is that it is the best and brightest handheld LED torch.

That's probably debatable too. There are a number of LED torches that put out 1000L and some of those are dedicated long range throwers and thus make excellent spotlighting torches.

wait for 2000+ lumens to hit the lineup.

That's probably debatable too. There are a number of LED torches that put out 1000L and some of those are dedicated long range throwers and thus make excellent spotlighting torches.

I posted a querie previuously under guns and accessories section of the forum about the Olight have that Sr90 which is about $600-700 plus mounting hardware (2200 lumens and a beam that projects 1000m they claim), but only got a few responses and from no one that actually used one.

Are you guys familliar with this one, the SR 90 is also called the Intimidator, certainly a very macho name. Even if they are bullsh!ting and it does 1/2 of what they claim, but effectively, 1/2 a km is more than adequate range for me especially at night. Can't see myself struggling through the bush any further at night to collect my kill.

Considering its around the same price as the X-21 I am very keen on getting one but don't want to drop the dollars on it without the comfort of some positive feedback first. I was hoping you would have analyzed it under your microscopes already. Without p1ssing in your pockets, i've always thought you should be getting paid for your reviews.....

:D

If only, only, we could try before we buy on a dark night in shooting conditions, better yet a moonlit one, instead of my experience which was in a fully lit shop at midday with all the shop assistants all saying wow, this thing is awesome check it out, quick buy it we don't get many blah blah. In a shop, in daylight?

Let the buyer beware.

Interesting to see the different design between that and the X21, the lED L has multiple LED's and relies on the brightness of them all together without a reflector, whereas this SR90 had what looks like one big mutha and a nice big reflector to do the work.

No wonder it's so bright.

Seriously, for a rifle-mountable walkabout light I don't reckon you need all these lumens - people are sucked in by lumens figures - which of course give no hint of just how the light is projected and distributed.

Some of the longest throwing practical sized torches are putting out 250-300L and with a good spread of light and running only 1 or two 18650 batteries. The Solarforce Masterpiece and their Pro1 head spring to mind, and costs maybe $75 - $100 and easily scope mountable. Wolf Eyes also have some new ones too.

I was looking at the x21 today and decided to do the search and found this topic,,which raises the question those that have the x21 and were happy with it are they still as good as when you bought them after a few more trips under the belt? Is the battery life as good as they say?

cheers