Dog Boots

Saw the patten for makeing dog boots in the forum on boardogs just wondering if anyone copped this post as I have a young pup that's not chuffed in dog bur at all.

and it is so thick on this property where we go eaven the property owner would like a copy of the patten , eaven the farm dogs after a day mustering have no skin left on their pads.would appricate if anyone has this pattern or simular could they post it or PM me

Thanks Martin

Hi Martin, I was the one who posted the dog boots (aka Becko boardogs), see below for pattern, can email it to you if not clear enough. If you make them, post a photo of them on your pup!

Cheers

Belinda

post-12-1147130470.jpg

Just a few notes on what Ron Edwards wrote with the above diagrams:

They are made from suede or soft leather and are tied on with leather lace. The above diagrams where measured from his Blue cattle, so use measurements as a guide

He suggests to make a pattern out of paper, and make your adjustments on the paper rather than risk ruining leather.

To fit the boot, the dog's two front claws go through the holes and the thin flap of the leather folds up the front of its leg and is laced on. The back flap then ties around the foot and laces at the front as shown. B)

Fellas,

been down this road many times with a dog with an injured foot. My advice would be not to muck around with these home made jobs. Best to get on the net and order a set of Muttluks from Basspro or Cabelas. They last longer, fit better and more importantly stay on the dogs foot and in the long run are probably cheaper.

cheers

Hassie