Meindl Desert Fox Boots

JMess

I'm new to hunting and only have access to one property so far. However, this property is heavily wooded, has very little vehicle access and is steeeeeeeeep. The conditions under foot vary from loose rocky ground to slippery grassed slopes and everything in between. I have so far been putting on my retired tennis shoes (New Balance) for armed hiking on this property and have already put a gouge in my beautiful wooden stock on the brand new CZ452 classic on one of my many slips and tumbles. :(

I have also found that my feet ache like hell, particularly when contouring slopes and climbing down steep slopes (placing feet sideways on slope for more stability and grip). I also have slightly weak ankles from years of soccer and tennis.

So, I definitely need a decent pair of boots. I like how the Meindls read, particularly the MFS fitting system. There is a pair of the desert fox boots for sale "unworn" in what sounds like my size locally for about half the new price.

I've googled extensively but haven't really been able to find much info on this boot. I am not too fussed about warmth (I don't mind the cold and can get warm socks if need be). I want grip, comfort and support, as well as durability. I want to get a boot that is suitable for the terrrain I'm hunting in (Tinderry foothills in SE NSW).

Anyone with knowledge of this particular model?

I've seen that many swear by the Cabelas Irish Setter boots. I'm pretty wary about buying something I can't try on. What is the durability, fit and comfort like for these?

Cheers

James

Thanks for the replies. I went and had a look and they're a perfect fit. So, I'm now the proud owner of a pair of never worn (tags still attached) Meindl Desert Fox boots for $200. Pretty happy with that! Now, I've just got to find a shop that can sell me a Badlands Super Day pack for a reasonable price ($240-$260) and can get it to me in Canberra in time for the weekend (got a two night trip planned).