Brownells

Hi Fellas,

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from Brownells? I'm looking at ordering a bunch of tools and accessories since the dollar is good, just wondering some of the following though:

* What was the shipping cost?

* What were they like to deal with?

* How long did it take?

* Condition of things when they arrived?

Anyone had much experience with them, be it good or bad...?

Edited by No Style

I did buy a screwdriver set and some pin punchse a long time ago and some other stuff I have forgoten exactly what but they were ok to deal with back then.

I sent money orders in those days.

Most big American gun accessory dealers are good .

You will have to contact them and get postage charges on the exact articles you want. US postage is reasonable I have found .

Americans are very good at giving service to customers so I don't think you will have trouble.

If you contact Sinclair International they used to have an account you could open and they would hold money for you.

This way you could send money to your account when the Aussie dollar was high and it was held in US dollars in your account untill you wanted to buy something.

I don't know if they still do it but it was real good back then when I had more money.

I bought an XS Lever Rail & ghost ring sight system off them last month for the Marlin 1895.

Good to deal with, everything was packaged up really well & arrived undamaged. From memory I think it took 10 days to arrive - not too bad considering I ordered it on a Saturday morning US time.

Postage, including insurance, was US$32.50 which pretty much average for goods out of the US.

All up I probably only saved $30-35 by buying these items from the US instead of locally. The only difference is that I had it in 10 days instead of 10 weeks.

I have ordered several bits and pieces from them over the last 12 months the last was 2 sets of rings from them and have had no dramas what so ever with sending them. My last order was here in 8 days using us express postage/insurance. The online ordering is very secure and if you were to call them (Midnight our time here)they are very friendly will take your order over the phone and tell you the exact costs posted, plus they also have some very knowledgeable fellas willing to help with advice if your not to sure about something.

Unlike Midway, Brownells will post gear to Australia :)