Swaros Vs Zeiss 15 X Binos

I am in the market for a new set of 15x binos for hunting sambar over distance and was just wondering whether anyone had had any experience with the Zeiss? I have used and know that the Swaros are great but with the Zeiss being half the price I'm wondering if they are near as good?

I am in the market for a new set of 15x binos for hunting sambar over distance and was just wondering whether anyone had had any experience with the Zeiss? I have used and know that the Swaros are great but with the Zeiss being half the price I'm wondering if they are near as good?

Can't advise you on the merits of one over the other as that kind of gear is out of my reach. However you have to find out why the Zeiss is much cheaper. Could it be that it is not made in Germany ? I don't know. There has to be a reason it's much cheaper.

Never owned Swaro's so I can't help you there but I'm familiar with Zeiss, I 've got one pair of they're Bino's and 3 of they're scopes. The bino's are almost 20 years old and still as clear as the day I bought them, I expect the same from the scopes. I'm sure Swaro's are as good or better.

If I could make a suggestion it would be to invest that money in a good spotting scope. The terrain we hunt here is pretty open and we spend allot of time glassing at long distance and the heat distortion on anything over 12 power makes viewing difficult, not sure of the area your hunting. For the kind of money you'll lay out for something in the 15 power range you could get a Damn nice pair of 10X42's in either Swaro or Zeiss and still have plenty left for a fine spotting scope. With that said, if I could afford the 15's I'd buy them.

Thanks for the advice fellas. I have ordered a pair of the swaros, I was away a couple of weeks ago and a guy picked out a sambar stag on a face 3kms away with a pair of the 15x swaros. I have also ordered a tripod for them to sit on, as there is no way of holding them still enough with hands. I have a pair of 8x swaros and they are an awesome bit of kit up to a few hundred meters but it's horses for courses!