Roof Mounted Spotty

Bullcat

ok, this question must have been flogged a hundred times, but I`m just wondering if there is anything new out there...

I`m just about to put a hole in the roof of my ute to take a spotty. What is the best combination of a spotty and handle out there at the moment?

Edited by Bullcat

Guest bigfellascott

Hi mate,

Have a look at the Lightforce website or Powabeam they should have something to suit your needs, I just bought a LIGHTFORCE handheld SL240 BLITZ yesterday for $129 at Cleavers in Margate, Brisbane, Lightforce have a good reputation, they have a great range of aftermarket accessories, the handheld can also be used on a mounting system if required, which makes it very versatile, they also have roof mounting systems and window mounting options as well, everything seems to be interchangeable which is a great idea, they also have the same thing in the new HID spotlights but they are about $400 ive also notice you can convert your old SL240's into the HID version! Not bad at all, so when you are ready to upgrade you can!

Cheers

I have a 9" powabeam and lightforce 240 and I haven't used the powabeam since I bought the 240

I like the low weight of the lightforce both in the hand and mounted on the roof with lightforce handle :)

lightforce 240 there is a few things to remember wen you put a hole in the roof make shore you paint around the edge of the hole on the bare steel. so it dont rust. and make shore you put plenty of silicone around it .i put a lightforce setup trough the roof of the farm ute