Led Lenser P14

Mick_G

I wouldn't rely on the stats to be 100% accurate.

For example, they list VERY long battery life, but based on only using the touch in low power mode. The light may reach that far away, in the lab. But real world USABLE light will be somewhat less.

But, all that aside, I have a P7 that I mounted on my .22lr. Took it out the night I bought it and bagged a fox. No complaints, but the P7 is at the limit of what I desire out of a hunting "spotlight".

It fills the scope nicely, so works great to shoot with, but I wouldn't use it for sweeping the area to find prey.

The P14 should be much better at sweeping. And shooting will be easy out to normal spotlighting ranges.

Just don't expect some miracle that lights out further then a cars high-beam or dedicated spotlight.

cool. it'll be mounted on my .223 for fox chasing, it says it has a beam of 280m? is this true. Cheers Mick

Hi Mick,

Mate I use a P14 Rechargeable. Very neat unit comes in a case with a wall mounted bracket. I keep mine topped up from the car while on trips.

Having used the P7 I can say the P14 throws a a better light and I have shot fox's out to 200m with it and missed them at 300 <_< It makes it hard to identify them at that range... It will pick up eyes from 500m easy. The button switch at the back is very positive and is high beam with the first press. The P7 is the house torch now..

I dont use it mounted on my rifle anymore as I upgraded to a lightforce kit. I use the P14 to sweep through looking for eyes then whistle them in. The lightforce kicks butt when it comes to getting a clear and positive shot...especially when its a bit dewy or if they are out past the 200 mark and being a bit cagey. Optics make a huge difference too. With my Bushnell 4200 #### house..With the Zeiss perfect. :thumbsu:

cheers for the replies everyone. I'm not expecting the worlds brightest light as i own a powabeam 11inch on window mount for the ute, its plenty bright enough, bu it would be just good to be able to go on foot as the foxes here are getting used to the hilux's note. Cheers mick

How much are these p14s worth?