Window Mount Spotlight Systems

Hi, There are a few commercial produced window mount spolight systems. 1 x Lightforce, 1 x Big Iron

Has Anyone Got one Of these or another Version, if So I would appreciate Any feedback.

Im looking at buying or constructing one however the unite must be very universal as to fit lots of different vehicals quick & easy.

Also wondering about problems faced withh operation of the remote spotlight handle- fowling ?

Can anyone Help

Thanks Frewen2008

Frewen,

Came across this the other day. Looks alright.

http://www.jsenthunting.com.au/productlist...spot%202005.htm

Regards

Sarath

Thanks Sarath919

Have Been To The local Gun Shop & Looked Very Carefully At This One, I Actually thought It Was Being Made By Big Iron. Still Currious If It Fowles on Spoty Handle/

Thanks frewen2008

My biggist beefs with the window mounts are -

The the fact that the roof cuts off the light beam when looking down on the off side. May not be much of a drama on flat country, but a PITA in hilly aeras when you are trying to look down gullies on the oposite side that the light is mounted on.

They get in the way a bit if you are shooting from the window the light is mounted from.

If passenger is using the light from their window and you spot something they cant see, its easier to grab the handle of a centre roof mount than a window mount in the oposite window to put the light where you want it.

Good points -

Easier to use alone if you are shooting outside the car (over the bonnet etc) and need to move the light, no need to reach inside the car.

Obviously no hole in the roof like a roof mount, and can be used on your mates ute in the really rough going aeras B)

If you want to make one, a gas strut (car bonnet etc) can be used to spread the mounts and make it a quick easy fit for differant window sizes. Mine uses a long bolt to spread the mounts, is slow to fit and has a very narrow band of adjustment but but holds very well (quite enough force to spread the window frame if you overdo it). My homemade handle will foul the mount at some angles but is not a real issue.

Rick

My biggist beefs with the window mounts are -

The the fact that the roof cuts off the light beam when looking down on the off side. May not be much of a drama on flat country, but a PITA in hilly aeras when you are trying to look down gullies on the oposite side that the light is mounted on.

They get in the way a bit if you are shooting from the window the light is mounted from.

If passenger is using the light from their window and you spot something they cant see, its easier to grab the handle of a centre roof mount than a window mount in the oposite window to put the light where you want it.

Good points -

Easier to use alone if you are shooting outside the car (over the bonnet etc) and need to move the light, no need to reach inside the car.

Obviously no hole in the roof like a roof mount, and can be used on your mates ute in the really rough going aeras B)

If you want to make one, a gas strut (car bonnet etc) can be used to spread the mounts and make it a quick easy fit for differant window sizes. Mine uses a long bolt to spread the mounts, is slow to fit and has a very narrow band of adjustment but but holds very well (quite enough force to spread the window frame if you overdo it). My homemade handle will foul the mount at some angles but is not a real issue.

Rick

Thanks Rick

Had simmilar thoughts my self, But as I Usually spotlight In Other peoples Vehicals Ilooking for Somthing Transparent

From Frewen2008