Another Binoclar Question

Hey all

I was looking at ordering the steiner predators after some research and everyones feedback on this forum,but when i contacted TOZ, i was told that they are no longer produced so they cant get any in.Now i have looked at the safari 8x 30 model and was wondering if anyone has tried these and what the difference between the predator and safari was?

Bush pig,i am definitely no expert but 30mm is not going to give you enough light transfer i think for hunting optics,in late arvo and early morning.

My thoughts only,talk to John at TOZ and explain to him what the specific purpose of them is.I am sure he will help.

SMITHY :blink:

I find it hard to belive that they are not being produced any more i want some myself in the 10 x 42.... Go through the OPTICZONE

Rono

I have also checked with the opticzone and they also emailed me the same as bushpig that they will no longer be available as that line is being discontinued and he is out of stock with the 8 x 30,but not sure of the 10 x42 drop them an email.

I just recently purchased a pair of Steiner 10x42 Predators from opticsplanet.com. You can't buy them new, so possibly they don't produce them anymore, they do however stock ex-demo models, and also the new Predator C5's. Don't know how much the new C5's differ from the old models other than asthetics.

For info, the ex-demo model cost me $599.00 US, or there abouts.

Bush pig,i am definitely no expert but 30mm is not going to give you enough light transfer i think for hunting optics,in late arvo and early morning.

SMITHY :blink:

Come on mate first you admit you are definitely no expert but then tell anyone that reads your post that 30 mm "is not going to give you enough light transfer" well i have been using 8 x 30 mm binos for a few years morning and night,in fact five times this week so far and all i can say is that they might surprise you if you ever tried them.

Obviously 50mm O/lens size is way better but its all a compromise with sizes and weight issues.

Steiner have changed a lot of their models and have upgraded their lens`s(to a new price too)

Hunt around as there HAS to be bino`s still unsold on shelves around the country.

http://shopping.msn.com/prices/shp/?itemId=24525435