Tracking Collars

hazedog

hey doggy..

the collars are just the same.. you just type in the freq ie; 433.333 and save a dogs name to that.. so yes you can nominate what collars.

yes the antenna fold back into the body of the receiver.

mate tracker with there new ones coming out soon have the plug as well.. so not knocking tracker, but i think everyone wants to be the top dog of telemetry.. and so new features are added to give that extra marketing ability.

433mhz is legal. apparently the radio signal is not as large as the 151/2 so comparing them both you would need at larger yagi to get more valuable readings from the 151/2 then the 433.. so i have been told..

hence, if required for LONG distance, you would only need a smaller yagi on this new setup than from the other brands on 151/2 that are out there now..

its going to be the future.. when i find out more information i will let you know.. but form what ive seen, with the digital reading for accuracy.. nothing will come close to it.. even complete telemetry novices can not fail.. no possible chance of running in the wrong direction as a lot of people have found.

cheers

it will... it has a digital reading level..

so the more direct you are the higher the number.. so if you were to have a collar 10 metres (hypothetically) away and faced the receiver away from the collar - you might get a reading of say 45 but if you face it towards the collar that reading would be like 70.. so the larger the reading the more accurate you are.. it works in wave lengths obviosly.. so say if the collar is North and you point the receiver to north north east, that reading wont be as high as the north way.. it works, im just trying to find it hard to describe it..

cheers

Just thought i'd add to the little discussion.

I do mainly all my hunting in and around the southern tablelands and as you would know it can be easy to lose your dogs from sight or sound. Which i have done on certain occasions.

I own the tracker classic brand of trackers and they are yet to fail me

Just the other week i was on a property which is full of hills and gullies typical of the southern highlands. On this occasion whilst hunting the wind had picked up to far beyond what i am comfortable hunting with due to the fact that you couldnt here a dog bark fifty metres away. So as i just decided to head home the dogs jumped headed into bracken fern down a gully. After approx 25mins i had managed to track them over 2 hills and through 2 gullies where they had a very handy boar.

So just from my point of view i think these trackers are great. It did however take a bit of time to figure out how to use the tracker effectively to use it to its full capabilities.

I have a Maxima Tracker 2000/25. I run it on my Beagles hunting Sambar Deer in some real harsh VIC mountain country. It also see's use on my Pig dogs up north. I agree that if you don't know how to use it properly, it can send you backwards. Now that I have used it a bit, I have no trouble finding my dogs. I think it is great, fits in my backpack easily. I need a unit I can run around in the thick scrubby mountains with and I sure couldn't do it with the big aerial types.