Shotgun Mounted Spotlight

Bish

Hi Guys, I'm looking at a shotgun mounted spot light. All I can really find is the lightforce 140, for around $120 - $150, however it looks like that is just light, on top of that you need chargers, batteries, spare globes and who knows what else which can all add up to significantly more by the looks. Has anyone used this system? Is it worth while? Are there any others out there?

I'm wondering if I could get away with just using one of those powerful LED head lamps or something instead. (I am a tight arse :unsure:)

Hey Bish, shotguns having a shorter range than rifles that you'd use for spotlighting at night, have you considered the LED Lenser P7 or a Surefire torch?

We bought a set of Leupold QR rings and bases, they're enough to do two lights.

You can either screw the base to the shotty, and have the ring clamped around the alloy torch body, or have the base screwed to the torch, and clamp the rings around the barrel under a thin sheet of black rubber.

Being QR mounts, you just fit the torch, and swing the lever down to lock it.

Then the other ring you have left, clamp to to your favourite scope on your favourite rifle, and you could alternate the light between the rifle and your shotty.

We've got a shotty with a Surefire torch in the foreend, and it's heaps bright enough for shotgun range, and because they're small, don't effect the handling and pointability of your gun, and there's no wires to be hung up.

I suppose it depends on what you're after.

I have the Lightforce 140 with a scope mount for my .22lr.

It's a nice light. Very bright You can buy extra mounts, which I will need to do for my newly acquired shotgun, so one spotlight will do all your guns.

The battery was only $30 and $25 for the charger. And you can use any old bumbag to hold the battery if you like. Just add a cheap lighter plug (say, $10 and 5 minutes of working). I bought the Lightforce battery bag. Cost more then I wanted to pay, but it has a dimmer in it so I can save battery power when I don't need the full force of the light. Plus it is the right size for the battery and doesn't flop about too much as I run (no more then my water canteen).

I also got a red clip-on lens to avoid spooking the nightlife.

hey

we have used in the past on our 870Ps and our own rifles and shotties, just a simple figure 8 clamp which is used to hold your mag extension in place as shown below, then just used a high powered light eg surefire or ASP tac

AS660.jpg

these figure 8s are very cheap, you can get them from ebay for about $10 or your local dealer for a bit more, then you just connect them to your barrel, can tighten up when you have your light fitted, they don't move and the high grade plastic doesn't melt as its was designed to clamp on your barrel anyway