Torches

Huffy

G'day

I am looking at getting one of those #### hot torches that are as bright as a car spot light (or brighter)

So i looking at maybe getting one of the x21 LED LENSER torches

led-lenser-x21.jpg

That have an incredible bright light and work off 4 batteries.

led_lenser_x21.jpg

zweibrueder_led_lenser_x21_in_aktion_490.jpg

These torches throw out 1060LM which is alot.

So i went to pick up some dies for my .300 RUM and spoke to Paul from horsely park about these torches as they have one in stock. He then showed me this other torch that throws out over 3000LM and is a touch cheacher and comes with a re chargable torch that you can chare on 24v oor 12v.

It seems to be a chinese brand but looks pretty #### hot!

China_35W_hid_flashlight_hid_torch_xenon_flashlight_xenon_torch200811111143584.jpg

hid02.jpg

So, has anyone used or have any reports on these torches? I know that he LED Lenser has a good name for itself but when i seen this other brand i was quite interested! 3x the brighter than the LED lenser and i like that i can recharge the battery!

Cheers

Huffy

Check the runtime on that Xenon torch - they can be hungry and drain batteries quickly.

A tightly focused torch of 200 - 300 lumens will let you shoot out to 150m easily and many with those outputs will run for three hours on one or two rechargeable 18650 Li ion batteries.

Just depends what you want - a torch to mount on a rifle for walking about or a hand held, portable spotlight.

Its a HID Xenon, thats freakin wicked! Run time would be pretty low I suspect (as fenring mentioned). Plug it into your cigarette lighter (if possible) and spotlight with it. I would love to see it in action? got any web address details or product names so I can google?

Huffy, I have been looking at the X21 as well but haven't been able to bring myself to pay those dollars just yet...I'm not sure if I would buy it from Australia though as you can get it for about half the price from the US (There's another thread about it on this site)however its called a Coast X7 Led Lenser or something like that in the US and can be found on US Ebay.

From memory the X21 has focusable light which I think is a fairly big plus over similar lights that don't...I also actually like the fact that it takes 4D batteries over the rechargable option as when camping and spotlighting if I run it down i can just replace with some spare one's but with the advertised 300 hrs runtime (probably on low power) I can't see them running out in the one trip anyway.

If you get one, pls post a quick review...I would be very interested to hear about it!!

Cheers,

Simon

Avoid that HID torch. The colour temp is "up to 12000K". That's WAY too high for a quality light.

Normal car headlights are around 4000k and "daylight" is around 6000k which is what you want.

It just screams ultra-cheap crap to me.

The x21 with D size batteries is my pick. You can by rechargeable D size batteries in both Ni-Cd and Ni-MH.

a couple of things too consider to add is ballast life , hid life compared too led life and ive found hid,s are quite fragile battery life is on the x21 is supposed to have a run time of 300 hours on high and 600 on low and i believe this still on the original battery's nearly 6 months on and uesed a lot cheers bazz