Led Lenser P7 And Wolf Eyes

Hey all. I know there have been a few posts on LED torches but i was just wondering what kind of spotlighting setup everyone has. My friend and i have two LED lenser p7's just for walking round the paddocks ontop of our 22s but we only seem to get 1.5 to 2 hours of usable light even with lithium batteries and then only with 80 meters of good light. I've just purchased 17hmr for the occasional fox that we see at a longer distance and was looking at the wolf eyes sea lion hunter LED thats meant to have a projection of 300 meters but its three times the cost of a p7 so was interested if anyone could suggest some brands or models that would be good to check out? I know that the wolf eyes is designed for hunting but does it justify the cost? cheers

I bought the dea extreme one mentioned in the other scope mounted torch thread i think its a 501b ultrafire. Anyway all my friends bought them too and dad has got a couple for his guns and sold around 20 package deals of lights, batteries, mounts and charger at various cutting horse shows. My friend uses one on his 223 and he reckons it will light up as far as he will normally shoot. I have taken head shots on wallabies at about 110m with mine. definitly worth the money, we usually get about 3 hours out of ours, which is convenient cos our usual round takes about 3 hours and i'm stuffed by then anyway haha. If the start to go flat they flash, getting faster as they get flatter. but they don't loose brightness cos they are voltage regulated. Haven['t had one break yet either and they have been treated ROUGH!

If you do buy one my recommendation would be to get a coupld of the lenses though. You have to buy a different lens to change the light from flood to spot and when dad bought his bulk lot we noticed a rather large difference in the quality between the lens'. Some would artifact or have a larger spot or make the spot a funny colour. So yeah get a coupld and then you can pick the best, plus you have a spare in case you scratch one, though I never have!!

Anyway I would definitely recommend that setup over the p7. even if the p7 is slightly better light, I would still say the deal extreme light has a more robust body and you can buy replacement bits for stuff all, though its so reliable I haven't needed any, plus its like a quarter of the price by the time you buy batteries and charger!

LED Lenser tend to BS about their runtimes. The P7 isn't regulated so it starts to dim from the moment it's turned on. They don't focus all that tight either.

If you want a long range thrower for a .17HMR or bigger, the Solarforce Pro-1 is hard to beat.

The Crelant 7G5V2 is a powerhouse also, esp. with the optional collimator head on it.

A decent budget thrower is the Ultrafire WF-008 recoil thrower from Dealextreme. It will beat the LED Lenser for throw and runtime and costs about $20. Add another $15 for batteries and charger for the 18650 batteries.