Are Laser Range Finders Cheating?

well i have the bushnell range finder

http://www.bushnell.com/products/rangefind...ecs/20-1315.cfm

its not a scope as you are talking about.........

i got mine just to find out if the ranges i was shooting wallabys and bunnys was what i thought it was ;)

theres no way i would spend the $$$$$$$$$$$ on a range finding scope!!

is it cheating...........no..........but then i have a good idear off what i can and cant do!

bunnys in the head at 200M with my .223

deer up to 300M with my 7mm rm

i shoot no further than 100M with my .17 MACH2

but this is always up to the individual.............

Not cheating, anything that makes you a more effecient and effective hunter (legally) cant be a bad thing, also its more humane

They seem like a great idea, but i have never really had the chance to use on on much game, by the time you jump it and its spooked, you dont have time to range it, with a device, adjust your scope and shoot it

Just my experainace, but it depends on what you wanna shoot eh?

I wouldn't pay lots of money for one, but they are good, they help prevent me from taking unrealisitic shots. One area I used to hunt had a deep valley, which was difficult to judge range over. I used to think the rabbits on the far side were about 250m. I could never hit them, until I found out it was actually 350m !

Sure it's an advantage, but if you know the range, and you know your bullet trajectory, you can place your shot where you want resulting in more humane, one shot kills. That has to be a good thing.

Not cheating, anything that makes you a more effecient and effective hunter (legally) cant be a bad thing, also its more humane

I agree. I wouldn't send a great deal of money on it but its definetly not cheating if thats what your worried about..