Electronic Knife Sharpeners?

banff

mate nothing beats a good old fashioned steel i take one everytime im cut up meat if you nic a bone of cutting alot of skin ya just whip out the steel and in 2 seconds ya got a good sharp edge again, even in the middle of the bush with no power

Yes I own and use one. Fantastic. Flick it on and less than a 30sec later a nice sharp correctly cut edge. I don't get to use it much for my hunting knives (only because I don't get a chance to use them as often as I would like) but my fish filleting and kitchen knives get sharpened a lot and it is near impossible to get it wrong using one of these.

That may be the case Tom and I agree in the bush without power they are no good and not much can beat a steel, but my time is more valuable than the time it takes to put a correct angle on 90% of the knives that you purchase off the shelf.

Yes I own and use one. Fantastic. Flick it on and less than a 30sec later a nice sharp correctly cut edge. I don't get to use it much for my hunting knives (only because I don't get a chance to use them as often as I would like) but my fish filleting and kitchen knives get sharpened a lot and it is near impossible to get it wrong using one of these.

That may be the case Tom and I agree in the bush without power they are no good and not much can beat a steel, but my time is more valuable than the time it takes to put a correct angle on 90% of the knives that you purchase off the shelf.

Good to hear you like it.

What brand/model have you got?

I have the nirey KE-198 , Now that I have seen one (they did not have any when I went in to have a look at / purchase one) I should have gotten the KE-3000, if you can afford the extra $ it is a much better product.

Forgot to add that there is nothing wrong with the KE-198 I have owned it for a few years now and it has performed flawlessly, the next model up though is a little more refined and has a better finish / better duty cycle

Edited by PaulOS

I have the nirey KE-198 , Now that I have seen one (they did not have any when I went in to have a look at / purchase one) I should have gotten the KE-3000, if you can afford the extra $ it is a much better product.

Forgot to add that there is nothing wrong with the KE-198 I have owned it for a few years now and it has performed flawlessly, the next model up though is a little more refined and has a better finish / better duty cycle

The old man and I made an agreement that we will go halves in one when we gather enough pocket money ;)

Still deciding, I can't see the benefit of the KE-3000, its twice as much as the KE-198 and we would only use it once a month, maybe less.

Edited by ShadowAssassin