Range Finder Which One

range finder which one under $300

redfield and bushnell are a pretty good price, redfield around $250, look good too.

open to other brans too

Hi Conco

I use the Leupold 750 TBR. Excellent bit of kit, paid $335.00 delivered from the US about 18 months ago, but you can get em now for around $300 or less from the US.

Will pick up reflective targets out to 750 yards & deer out to about 550 yards.

Cheers

Joey

Guest bigfellascott

I used a Redfield Rangefinder (not sure of model) but I wouldn't personally waste my money on them. Very basic I guess fine for close work to around 300m or so but yeah not my cup of tea. Not sure of other brands in your price range as the only other ones I've used were Big Maxy's Leica Bino Rangfinder combo - now thats some pretty impressive kit.

Well Scott not happy to hear that the Redfield is less than what you want.

I recently ordered a Redfield Raider 550 not wanting to spend big dollars but found locally it would have been around $100 more than online. I read alot of reviews and was impressed with what I read for a lower end rangefinderfor accuracy, ease of use and general owner satisfaction.

It wasn't easy to find sellers wanting to ship to Australia at all let alone at a reasonable shipping price. In the end it cost me $205 delivered from www.TheRifleScopeStore.com where I ordered my deer rifle scope last year. Disapointing that the LG shops are unable to compete with the US market to the point that it's either compromise the quality of your purchase here or pay alot more to get what you want to support local business.

I hope that I am happier with the Redfield than Scott but for my needs I think it will work out well. Ironiclly its made by Leupold so should be no issue of quality but time will tell.

Just a follow up on the Redfield Raider 550 now that I have had it out in the field a few times.

Generally speaking unless you want to range deer out to further than 350 to 400m I'd be hard pressed to want to spend another cent. Very clear optics very cmpact good in low light and even registers birds in flight. Registers out to 580m on large targets and feel that its perfect for my needs.