Rifle Holders

getsome

does anyone have any ideas about a cheap form of rifle holders like the ones on the back of quads. i was thinking of 100mm pvc pipe lined with foam. but most are scoped rifles so heat and bend to form the shape???

has anyone seen or heard of any ideas

Yeah for back of the ute i would be getting a Kolphin

but i have thought about it myself and having a look at my old Orange gun, if i pulled the back of it off -- it could do the job

Hi Guys,

Thought this may be of interest to you. 17ackley on Ebay (I've heard some of you talk about him before) sells the Doskocil Hard Case in different shapes and sizes. I picked mine up from him for $30, which is about what all the ones go for that he sells, except for the double case that is around $60!! He has some there for rifles/shotguns, double cases, couple of shapes for scoped rifles. I got the 10486 shape which i for a scoped rifle and comes to a point (at the muzzle end of course).

I can vouch for the quality. I was worried about the hinges on the back, but they are the metal pin type, and aren't just a plastic hinge. They also have the eggshell foam on the inside.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

Jamie

yes and yes they are worth a bit

but i reckon i would prefer to spend the biccies rather than have my $2000 rifle setup fall of the back of the ute

not sure if you know what i was talking about with the old Orange Gun but i reckon that it would do the job

its a length of pvc pipe with a small pipe to larger pipe PVC connector then a length of the thicker pipe

i have confused my self with that stupid description -- i'll try and find a picture

assembled.jpg

you should get the gist of what i was trying to describe

just play play with the dimensions to fit your rifle

**edited-removed link to "how to make an Orange Gun Website"**

well yeah in that case a length of PVC pipe with a slot for the but to sit out of and a occy to hold it all in would be gold for it -- i thought you were taliking about a scoped shooter

yeah had a bit of a brain explosion posting the link to how to make them

they are great fun but you get in a fair bit of trouble with them

we used to put bungers in the middle of an orange then launch it and watch orange fly everywhere