Skinning Knife

Foxdriver

Ok that is good to know . You don't want to loose it at customs so I was concerned.

Thanks Happy for your concern. I actually bought it from "Hunting Haven" in Uralla NSW. They are a good buch of people and the prices are also good. You can check them out online just punch in the name in Google and it will come up.

Hunting Haven is my LGS - good people.

Yeah they are good people gafloss, whenever I ring I speak to John and nothing is a problem.

Good god, I never knew anyone in Aussie that even knew what a Mercator was. I have 2, in my family they are sort of a traditional tool. Good steel to boot, holds an edge well.

I am on my third Mercator, the first one wore out (from being sharpened), the second one was lost when I went for a tumble in a mud hole and the third one is about halfway through the blade.

I have had a mercator in my pocket every single day of my life except when on a plane, slim and light they are a top knife.

I have been using the muscat from knifes of alaska - its a rounded top so its good to skin with I found - plus its a d2 steel, and a little heavier - I like to feel the blade in my hand or hip