I Did A Bit Of Rsearch On A Knife I Have.

optic

I was researching a knife i have had since a teen.

And i came across this site. The knife i have sent me broke as a teen, but if the price is right as shown here im more than happy now. And my knife is as good as this one the sheaf is old and gone hard, as well as cuts in it.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-519668788-cuchillo-antiguo-african-hunter-carl-schlieper-solingen-_JM

I have just had a good look at the one for sale, It has pit marks and it does not have the eye with rays stamped on it which makes mine even more valuable. But that sheaf is in better condition.

Edited by optic

I think it cost me about $40.00 when i was a teen. That would have been 45 years ago.

I was earning $14.00 a week as an Apprentice and paid fortnightly, and $3.00 an hour as a brickies laborer on the week ends.

Its gained a bit of value that i had not expected.

Not to sure i want to use it on the pigs now.

Sounds like it cost you an arm and a leg back in the day, equivalent to? 300-400 in today's money. I don't think I could sell something like that after 45years owning it, it would make a great heirloom to keep in the family. Or make a nice mount for it, I bet it's shared many great adventures with you.

Travis.

I wont be selling it Travis. It might have kept up with inflation as far as value goes. But thats about all.

Can you tell me what the eye with the rays coming off it means?

Mine has the eye stamped in it . I have seen other marks on the blades. But i cant find anything to tell me what the different stamps mean.

It did cost me big money as best i can recall. But i also payed it off over a few months.

Its about the only thing that has survived from my teens.