Lightforce .. To Hid Or Not To Hid

Bugman

Gents,

I have enjoyed a Lightforce 240blitz in halogen for around 10 years. Perfect and never had any issues.

I want to buy two new spotlights for my cousins twins for their 21st birthday next month. Last time I went with them they had a HID in another brand. I didn't like it at all. The centre of the light was a rectangle shape. The light was white and I found in more difficult to pick up game - in particular eyes.

I haven't used a Lightforce in HID and was hoping someone could give me a true PRACTICAL review of the two lights. I want to buy Lightforce and its a matter of HID or not.

Can you give me some thoughts please.

Brett

This isn't answering the question exactly but the temperature of globes (measured in Kelvin or just "K") determines how "white" a light is. So there might be different globes available to do away with the whiteness and bring it back to a more natural yellowish colour?

HID seems to be the way of the future. Well, that or LED, anyway. And I know what you mean about it being too white. So if you can solve the colour problem then I'd be saying HID over hallogen for sure.

Would putting a filter on it help the colour problem? I haven't used one but have a couple on the ute. Would them having to warm up for a few seconds when you turn them off and on be an issue for you while lighting?

Thanks for the replies gents,

I've decided to buy them one of each. That way they can swap when they want in close or long distance.

It will also finally give me the chance to test out the two side by side.

Brett