Hunting boot recomendations?

Slinger

Hey All,

I need a new pair of boots and I was wondering what every one else uses?

I'd like to hear your recomendations for a strong, supportive, light & waterproof boot, more importantly, lets hear about the ones you would not go near again.

Mainly Sambar hunting and 90% below the snowline. Cheers.

Thanx in advance.

Slinger.

G'day Slinger

I brough a pair of Hitec walking boots for about $120 from rays outdoors

I would suggest you buy a good pair from the start especially if you are doing a fair bit of walking around steep hills and make sure they come up to your ankles for the extra support. If you keep rubbing dubin into them they will last you forever.

I walked into some of the lakes in tassie in them and where greatful i had them while my mate walked in with a pair of work boots and had blisters all over his feet. I keep telling him how good my boots where lol :D:D:D

Rono,

I am using scarpa SL boots at the moment. They don't come cheap but they are an extremly durable boot. They are made from a single piece of leather so you may appreciate it takes some time to wear them in. I have had them for about 4 years now. I used them in NZ over the shale and wear them at least twice a week here. I am tough on boots, but these have gone the distance. The only criticism is they are a little heavy. The gore-tex model would be an even better choice.

Stag

Rossi Eagles

I picked my pair at Highlands Workware for $220 approximately four weeks ago. Before wearing them, I gave them two coats of "Dubbin" to soften them up. Then I wore them every second day, applying a coat of dubbin at night. They are very comfortable and have three applications of "Sno-Seal" for the upcoming Sambar hunt in nine days.

http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/cat...s.asp?prodID=44

slinger

i got a pair of la sportiva ( think the spelling is right ) about4 years ago for the sambar and there excelent. have never had a blister and can wear them all day. extreamly highly recomended. got them from one of those camping stores i think its in little colins st in melbourne.

Slinger

Can you get the Mouflon Range by Le Chameau,,,,,,,,,,yes i know there French and coming from a Limey i should be more patiotic but they are really the Dogs Gonads.The other Excellant alternative are made by Hunter and they are Scottish so as i'm English i was in a bit of a dilemma :lol::lol:

My Mouflon plus cost £185($450:o )and i'm pretty sure i,ll take this pair to the grave with me.

They are fully waterproof and won't cook your feet on a hot day as they are lined with the original Gore-Tex ,they also have the acclaimed Vibran sole on them.

Over here you get what you get for :(

Cheers Ive

Hey Rono,

The boots are great mate. I have only worn them a couple of times up in the hills so they are still pretty stiff, but the support and strength they give is exellent.

I got my foot stuck going down a steep pinch and couldnt stop myself from still going downhill. I thought I was gunna break an ankle or leg but the boots just stopped me where I was. A bit sore afterwards but nowhere as bad as it could have been. I think they will probably take a season to fully wear in and get really comfy, but hey i will probably have them for 10 or 15 years so theres no hurry.

Cheers Slinger

I just got myself a pair of these boots after one of my mate brought them and recomended them.

Lightweight, breathable all-weather hiking boot. Versatile enough for multi-day hikes or one day trail blasts.

post-14-1141763024.jpg

I just got myself a pair of these boots after one of my mate brought them and recomended them.
Lightweight, breathable all-weather hiking boot. Versatile enough for multi-day hikes or one day trail blasts.

nice rono where did ya get them from?

G'day Head

Got them at Anaconda camping store in Victoria they had %40 of columbia gear I paid $120 which is a bargin. :D

I have already got a pair of hiking boots so i will just use them for hunting

G'day i have the Taipan boots that i got for $60 at a seconds shop(had slight cosmetic imperfection in the rubber sole moulding) they are great and they hold up well and are a quiet boot when stalking in ruff ass country,

my other shoe of choice is the Dunlop volley's they are quiet for my style of hunting and i can feel every bump underfoot,i just give my boots/shoes a spray with waterproofer every couple of weeks..

if you are hunting swamps and wetlands i'de recomend Gumboots :D

Cheers