Olivon binos

I wrote a while ago about Sambur buying a pair of 10 x 42 Olivon binos and subsequently raving about them,well after doing a side by side comparo with my Steiner preds ( 8 x 30) in the early dawn light and last evening light also i couldnt fault the clarity or light transmission qualities,for a $300 dollar bino i thought that they are outstanding. The 42 mm o/lens had it over my smaller 30 mill o/l as well.... as it should too.

One minor glitch was that they dont have rubber eye cups and thus are not nearly as comfortable on the eye sockets as the Steiner tear shaped rubbers,only minor of course but im sure the feedback to the factory will have them adding them in future.

For the fella that hasnt got the dough to get into the top of the town goodies these are bluudy good stuff...Pajero they have your name on them mate.

I had a look on their site gryph,and liked what I saw.I am almost at a decision,with the steiner preds 8x42 up there,the Olivion's and burras.Pity about the eye cups not being standard.I have 7 weeks of night shift coming up,so they may waite just a little longer.

My input on Olivon optics,

I spent a long time trying to pick a cheap scope that transmitted enough light, i paid $100 for an olivon 42 x 6 fixed power scope, and i have no complaints besides the windage and elavation aren't actually 1/4"MOA as they advertize, each click would move the reticle a random distance, but at least in the correct direction, once sighted in they dont recoil out of allignment, so all in all im a happy camper.