Suction Roof Mount (lightforce)

fordy

Hi Fordy

I own and use one of these, as does a mate. I have the 240 light on mine, he has a smaller (170?). We are both happy with the light and the suction roof mount. To get the best adhesion make sure the roof is clean and put a bit of water on the suction cups.

Ian

i've looked at them but they seem to cost alot of money after you buy ur spottie - $120 the suction things like $100 and then a handle is about $100 aswell, but i spose if it works good and u get some good use out of it it would be worth it,

have a look at these http://aushunt.com.au/Forum/index.php?showtopic=3588

Does anyone own or use the suction cap lightforce spotty and what do you think of it? It's operated out the side of the window and can swivel up.

Cheers fordy

I use it and it works well. Ive had no trouble with it coming off while driving. Best thing about it is you don't have to cut a hole in your roof to use your spotty

This sounds like a good idea..

I have always thought that the roof mount lighting by cutting hole in roof and was best way.

But this idea seems better.. Saving your roof.

Anyone got any pics of these?

Other than just that link " Jarroyd" put up?

Cheers.

They are excellent. Well worth the money if you go Spotlighting or plan to.

Take note of what ijl123 said about "To get the best adhesion make sure the roof is clean

and put a bit of water on the suction cups."

I would add that when you have finished with it, clean the suction cups with water and when you get home before

you store it away, spray it with Armour Oil (same stuff as used on car interiors) as it keeps the rubber moist

and with it in the plastic, it stops it drying out.

jarroyd

It' not a throw away item - I think my set up cost me $275 for the Roof Mount and Handle

25 years ago so that's $11 a year - one less pack of smokes, 2 less beers a year !!

Money well spent, don't have to cut holes on your vehicle and you can move it from one vehicle to another. Just make sure you pick the right length handle to suite your vehicle and arm length, cause you can get a sore arm if you don't pick the right length. I found with mine that being able to rest my arm on the window sill of the ute while operating the spottie made for the most comfortable option.

KEEP YOUR ROOF CLEAN and you will have no problems with it. We have one and we were out spotlighting with it one night, the roof wasn't clean and we came across a big mob of pigs, as soon as we spotted them the light came off the roof and hit the dirt. Well the pigs got away because we made that mistake of not having a clean roof.

Does anyone own or use the suction cap lightforce spotty and what do you think of it? It's operated out the side of the window and can swivel up.

Cheers fordy

Fordy,

As another user everyones comments are pretty much on the money..and you'll think its worth every cent when you don't have to lean half out of the window on a freezing winter night :ph34r: ....also great for easily spotting the opposite side to where you are seated.

Cheers

Muzza

I agree with everyone else , my only gripe would be that the operator of the light cant shoot very easily at all.But i guess as long as that isnt you then who cares hey?

Whereever I've seen the Light operator try and shoot

it's a cluster######.

Far better to have the person driving operating the light

(if only 2 people) and concentrate on doing it well and

positioning the shooter.