Meindl Boots

You can use any of the proper leather boot treatments like snow seal or dubbin; both of which you can buy from outdoor/camping shops

cheers

Len

Dont use neatsfoot oil on leather boots that have glued on soles etc as the neats foot oil can/will disolve the glue over a period of time

cheers

Len

DONT USE DUBBIN ON NUBUCK LEATHER!!!! YOU MUST HAVE READ IT WRONG!!!THE STUFF TO USE IS NIKWAX NUBUCK AND SUEDE PROOF.YOU CAN GET IT FROM RAYS OR ANY OF THOSE TYPE OF STORES THAT SELL HIKING BOOTS.

HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LATE

Here you go billygoat taken from the Meindl website and i have highlighted in red the section on nubuck leather.

How Lukas Meindl cares for his boots.

1. Preparation: Take the footbed out, so it can dry out. If you also want to wax your boots, take out the boot laces.

2. Cleaning: Remove the worst of the dirt under running water with a brush; also remove dirt and stones from the sole.

3. Hygiene: To improve the odour of your boots, clean the inside of your boots with luke-warm water and a brush. This doesn't hurt the lining. Leather linings without GORE-TEX® can be cleaned with washing soap; only use water on linings with GORE-TEX®.

4. Drying: Never dry boots in direct sunlight or on heat-generating units such as radiators or stoves. Wet leather is very sensitive to heat and "burns" easily (i.e. it becomes brittle and hard, and then gets cracked). When the lining is wet, stuff boots with newspaper (don't forget to remove later!). Dry boots keep their shape perfectly with wooden boot trees.

5. Spraying: It's best to do this when the boots are not quite dry. The pores are still open and the spray penetrates deeper. Cordura can only be sprayed, leather also requires regular waxing.

6. Waxing: Leather needs regular "nutritional" waxing, as do GORE-TEX® lined boots or the trim on cordura boots. Apply wax with a sponge or rag; don't forget the tongues! Caution: Do not heat! Otherwise the wax penetrates too deeply, decreasing breathability and thus comfort.

7. Tip for nubuck boots: Waxing changes the boots' appearance. The leather gets smoother and darker, but this is a perfectly normal, harmless process! The leather is "fed" and the seams become more stable.

8. Hooks and Eyelets: Protect against corrosion with wax or vaseline.

LOOKS LIKE THE GO IS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE SUEDE FINISH,USE NIKWAX,IF YOU DON'T

CARE ABOUT THE SUEDE,GUESS IT DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU USE. I TOO USE DUBBIN ON ALL

MY OTHER LEATHER ITEMS,I JUST WANTED TO KEEP THE SUEDE LOOK ON MY MEINDL

BOOTS.

SORRY IF I ALARMED ANYBODY. :blush:

CHEERS SMITHY