Hunting Footwear

Yo_Jono

Rob

Thanks Gryph will check them out now. How did you go for sizing with the Rockys, is there sizing pretty similar to all your other footware.

Mate hit google for "footwear charts" do an average size comparo and order....Rono has those Rocky`s....haha he still cant keep up....neither can the Gibster!

I have been using Rock Bruins for 2 years now and they are great ....Genrally the US sizes are 1 size bigger than in OZ soe if you are a size 10 here get 11 US...

We will see mate i can not wait to see the look on your face when i am overtaking you on Spot X hill while you are stoping for a rest..... Not long now Hahaha.........

Hmm thats funny,i only ever stop waiting for you to catch up....as i said to the Gibster on the phone " gee mate i topped that hill 350 m`s in front of you just like i do with rono haha"

Gibster said " oh but i had backstraps too " spare me pulleeeese hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah when I`m 60 in a couple of years you young whipper snipper

You should have been tanning my a#$e for years...so whats your excuse.....

I am gonna have another stubby now just to slow me down to "rono and gibbo pace"

Just giving you a head start the last few years.....

I was not going for a walk tonight but you just changed my mind Hahaha.....

Griffo the motivator

the head start is better than the head you have been giving haaaaaaaaaaa

Anyway mate,thats right,get off you freckle and get out there and do that preseason walking it all helps when it comes to the hills in a few months

Your arse is grass next time climbing spot x I will over take you carrying my 30 inch head out. I was recoving from a big injury and couldnt train so like Rono said we will see.

You loaded me up to give you a chance last time. I found some rocks in my bac pack as well.

We have a few hunts coming up so we will have to see how the old mountain goat is going.

My words are designed to convey to you two spank monkeys that sambar hunting is serious #### and the need for fitness is imperative ..... its working so far in motivating you blokes ...well in your words that is hahaaaaaaa.

Sand dunes mate all the way till the season gets into it, I will be in tip top shape and looking forward to geting into those hills again.

You are spot on, fitness is imperative to chase Sambar properly or any deer for that matter in Steep country.

Hey Gryph,

Thanks for the tip on the Rocky's at Bass Pro, been looking for a new pair of boots so I could retire my old ones and they look like a great boot for a great price. Jumped on the Bass Pro site last night and ordered a set, can't wait hunting season is getting closer and closer!

Thanks,

Waldo

My new boots arrived in the mail last week. Only got them today due to overseas holiday. Anyways, been wearing them around the house. God damn they are comfy!

I bought them in size US 11, which is the same as everything else I wear and they are a tinny bit lose. With thick socks they are spot on. No need to wear them in I would say, thats how comfortable they are.

I bought them off basspro for $140 delivered. They where $70US special. All those sites I got from here have great deals... cheers lads.

Wolverine® 9'' Canyon Non-Insulated Boots for Men

dsc00182c.jpg

dsc00184rjm.jpg

I would recommend that site to purchase... yet to recommend the boots, will field test first. First impressions are good.

Got mine last week too from Bass Pro. Similar model Wolverine Scent Mask Mobu but US134.99 delivered. Very comfortable. Been wearing them around but don't think it would really be necessary. Supposed to be waterproof, I'll check that later. My last boots have just started to come apart a bit. Outdoor Rock, made in Italy, were the best boots I ever had. I would have bought them again but can't find them anywhere.

Bass Pro is very fast with their processing and delivery.

Grant

They should be water proof upto just past the ankle as they have a inner gore-tex sock. I cant wait to get out this wknd and try em out.... hope its wet heh

I went upto Army disposal today to pick up my map I ordered and had a look at the boots. They are pretty crap compared. Expensive too. Def states is the way to go.