Steiners

As most of you know the latest Steiner HD bino`s were sent to me to evaluate,both 8x44 top end and 10 x42 the latter being from the lesser priced range.

The short initial comment today is that the 8x44`s are the premium jobs and the preliminary observations are that these are absolutely dynamite with crystal clarity etc,the Gibster carried them for a few days away and I reckon he was a tad reluctant to give them back as he too agreed that they are superb...i can state that they compare right alongside the very top Euro brand early AM and late PM so far with my observations at this time side by side in real country viewing deer which were hind/calf/small stag.... at 8x they punch above their weight alongside the 10x Euro jobs.

Maybe the Gibster will add a word or two as well as he was with me watching the deer also.

Hahahaaaa.....Thats what most people reactions are like....They are good but i would not pay that...

Makes me even happier with my $250 Delivered, Steiner Predator's

They were a sensational set of bino's that really would not dissapoint. I had them in rain, fog, mist and very low light and every time they were exceptional. While having a beer with griff we had them side by side with the swaro's and it was like splitting hairs.

One example where they really showed their worth was when arriving to our hunting ground in pitch black I put them up and looked down the dark track and could see roo's feeding which were 200m away and were not even vissible to the naked eye, perfect for catching those big boys that go to bed early. If the price comes to a mark with the swaro's or leica they will be level with the best of the best.

Griff was spot on it was very hard handing them back, and has already got me looking at an upgrade.

The latest series of Steiner Nighthunter binos are superb with outstanding brilliance and clarity. I looked through a pair of 8x44mm NighthuntersXPs at Elk's and immediately thought of upgrading. That was it,... only a thought.

What about the Nighthunters (think thats what they where called) lads? They retail for about $1000 on the net.......

These 8x30mm NighthunterXPs of mine were discounted to $910 back in early 2005.

Picture0082.jpg

I dont want to rain on your show old chap but those of yours whilst very good are as far removed from the latest jobs like a foxie to a great dane...the latter date jobs are as good as the top liners,now if you bring enough red wine with you I will let you have them for the time you are down here hunting cobber....slight hint haha!

Its been raining for two days but three of sun will dry us out again...hurry up sport!