Gore-tex All Its Made Out To Be? (continued)

I had a pair of Columbia hikers for 2 years and they started to soak up water. they are goretex so i sent them back.

Columbia rep calls me up telling me because the warranty on them is only 12 months, the best they can do i give me a new pair at "retail price". Generally speaking I'm saving $100 on the high end boots they make.

I told him id call him back.

I personally don't think its good deal.

I don't want to shell out more cash for another pair of columbias, IMO they aren't that good.

They should last more than 2 years, i paid $ 200 for them. :angry:

Thoughts??

cheers fellas.

Irish setters all the way mate, a few guys on here use them and lov'em..my friends got a pair for about $50 from cabela's and has nothing but good things to say about them either..

any models stand out?

i'm thinking the snake boots, but are they hard to walk in?

My nxt boots will be some sort of leather boot. One thing I dont like about Gore-tex which I think leather wont do is when you walk through a river, the gore tex jobs are like gum boots and hold water. They take ages to dry out. I reckon leather boots will dry quicker, even just from walking them dry.

My nxt boots will be some sort of leather boot. One thing I dont like about Gore-tex which I think leather wont do is when you walk through a river, the gore tex jobs are like gum boots and hold water. They take ages to dry out. I reckon leather boots will dry quicker, even just from walking them dry.

really?

maybe, .....all i know is im not buying columbia boots ever again. They are rubbish, and customer service is bad to deal with. And a tip, keep those receipts!!!

I was out 2 wks ago and had 3 river crossings so walked through the water 6 times. Boots took 3 full days to dry out in the shade back at home. I dont know for sure, but surely leather ones would have dried out over night if you walked in them a little bit as they dont seem to have as much sponge and soft material in them.

I was out 2 wks ago and had 3 river crossings so walked through the water 6 times. Boots took 3 full days to dry out in the shade back at home. I don't know for sure, but surely leather ones would have dried out over night if you walked in them a little bit as they don't seem to have as much sponge and soft material in them.

thinking back, yes id have to agree. once wet they do get slightly heavier...

I'm having trouble getting the American sizing done, Over here in Aus im a 12H (in R.M williams boots) 12 in Addidas sneakers. So in American conversion that would be 13..wide, yes?

Or have i got it wrong?

I surfed the net looking at conversion charts, i seem to be getting different numbers.

cheers for ya help.

I had a pair of Columbia hikers for 2 years and they started to soak up water. they are goretex so i sent them back.

Columbia rep calls me up telling me because the warranty on them is only 12 months, the best they can do i give me a new pair at "retail price". Generally speaking I'm saving $100 on the high end boots they make.

I told him id call him back.

I personally don't think its good deal.

I don't want to shell out more cash for another pair of columbias, IMO they aren't that good.

They should last more than 2 years, i paid $ 200 for them. :angry:

Thoughts??

cheers fellas.

I've got exactly the same problem with my Columbia gortex boots. 2 years old and starting to take on water.

And yes, it s**ts me too given they cost me nearly $200 and are far from worn out.