Cheap Helmet Camera's

pig.slayer

Has anyone used or seen any of the cheap ebay helmet video camera's

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260585741458&fromMakeTrack=true

I know quality will not be that great but hey for 50 bucks who cares.

Should be good fun to be able to watch even in low quality chasing pigs on the quadbike and shooting etc.

Any feedback appreciated.

I've got a lipstick cam (similar to that one) that I got off ebay for filming my motocross stuff and it is rubbish! The quality is not very good and neither is the sound - and it was $200 not $50!

Take a look at these little gems I found a while back. I just bought one and I'm waitng for it to arrive. Ok, its from HK, looks like a central locking key fob and it's only $10 all up - but take a look at the utube vid, it speaks for itself!

Tiny, 720x480 video quality and good sound. There is an aussie utube vid of some dude that has it strapped to the front of a 200sx and its great. Doesn't even get very effected by the wind which is surprising. (Murphy's Law - I can't seem to find it right now)

One of these would be great for hunting I reckon.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPY-Camera-Mini-DVR-Recorder-Hidden-Video-Cam-720-480_W0QQitemZ190383172780QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Security_Equipment?hash=item2c53b8acac

I've got a lipstick cam (similar to that one) that I got off ebay for filming my motocross stuff and it is rubbish! The quality is not very good and neither is the sound - and it was $200 not $50!

Take a look at these little gems I found a while back. I just bought one and I'm waitng for it to arrive. Ok, its from HK, looks like a central locking key fob and it's only $10 all up - but take a look at the utube vid, it speaks for itself!

Tiny, 720x480 video quality and good sound. There is an aussie utube vid of some dude that has it strapped to the front of a 200sx and its great. Doesn't even get very effected by the wind which is surprising. (Murphy's Law - I can't seem to find it right now)

One of these would be great for hunting I reckon.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item2c53b8acac

The clarity on that one doesn't look too bad. Let us know what you think of it when you have had a chance to test it out.

Have got one similar.... off ebay and am quite happy with the quality have filmed piggin, motocross and in a jetboat and is pretty good, sometimes it seems to slow down/pause in playback but not enough to be a distraction.

Cheers

will try to put up clip on here

I would be a bit hestitant with that, we have tried many helmet cams in the 4wd racing over the years ( as well as enduro racing) and even the expensive ones are pretty average at best.

They all look great on road filming but get them off road and the image size is too small so all the shaking is exageratted hence why they invented "anti shaking on video cams"

Most guys in the 4wd racing now just use handy cams as their is still very few if any good "helmet cams" available and the handy cams are cheaper than the helmet cams.

I guess if 50 bucks doesn't mean much go for it.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts and conclusions if you decide to purchase one as i have no first hand experience with this particular helmet cam.