Camo With A Difference!

Tez338

Marketing has really got a foot hold in Hunting today. To the degree that their hype replaces fact and in some country's game laws have been designed around these marketing lies misconceptions

Having said that I do hunt in camo cloths now day's. One reason is they are cheaper than a quality pair of Blue jeans and a decent checked flanno. There is also no doubt that in some situations camo is of benefit. The hard part is sorting the marketing crap out.

Tez338, Guess I'm an old fella as well - I see the attitude you talk of ALL the time on forums and immediately know the general age range of the fella posting

Old enough to remember when a hunter could get in close wearing Blue Jeans and a checked flanno shirt. Game wasn't armored back in them days either, could kill it just fine with a sporterized .303 and didn't need a 460Loundenboomer and a computer program

regards Jacko

Gidday Perry,

I don't think I have chatted to you on this thing before, and I don't think I've read any of your posts but I like you already.

Look I'm a fairly young fella and a wog at that but I know exactly what you are talking about. I didn't have a lot growing up but I learn't to make do. Now that I can offord some of that crap I guess I know what I do and don't need. but because it's a hobby I don't have mush else to spend the dosh on I don't mind spending some.

Because this is the age of technology you are gunna see the majority of users on this forum would probably be a bit younger and they are going to think differently. Sometimes I think I spend to much time on this thing and less time doing more productive things like learning another language. But it's addictive.

i know that one of my mates is colourblind and he can't distinguish between green and blaze. we found this out when he asked us why they make the flags around the carpark on the local footy oval while the show was on the same colour as the grass when we all saw them as bright orange haha

and just for the sake of it i'm also 18 years old but i come on this forum to learn more than anything. i know i don't have as much experiance as most on here so i prefer to take in as much as i can and only comment when i'm sure i have something that is worthy of being contributed and accurate

Mate Im forty and doing exactly the same thing

as i said earlier, movement busts yah more than what your wearing......i pay lil to no attention to the color of the clothes i wear while hunting and have yet to be busted cause i was wearing blue or blaze or whatever.....

had someone telling me that the reflection flash off a scope that catches the sun will bust critters aswell.......funny thing about this is out where i hunt there is alot of mica and quartz on the ground not to mention farm equipment, all of which flashes naturally as the sun moves in the sky.......sit in one spot and glass for a couple hours and you will see rocks and other things flashing in the light......doubt the critters pay any attention to it....

goswasere' I'm a Wog myself :D I'm not adverse to spending cash on hunting toys, dropping a bundle as we speak on a SMLE with and a mix of the previous generations inventiveness and modern " improvements??". As for more "productive things", that's why I use the signature I do

regards Jacko

I just wonder. How old are some of you blokes here. Worm, Camfish, athomo?

Phuk me I just gotta laugh at this sort of attitude. Just one of the reasons why I will never hunt with many men, or allow my son to do so either!

The younger generation are all experts hahaha. Keep hitting em keyboards lads.

MLG is a man you should listen too. Grew up in Rhodesia(farmer) & knows the game, ahh. Plus he is well over 30 hahaha sorry Mike :ph34r:

There is a reason why 'most' hunters keep off forums 90% of the time. This is one of those reasons.

That time of month Tez? Someone give the man a Kleenex!

btw, im 28..... and I cant help it if I really am an expert at almost everything. Im telling you, its a curse to be so smrat!

Even though this thread is a very amusing exchange, you would think that there is not enough Greens and misguided "Tree Huggers" to joust with on the web, that you guys need to waste your energy slagging each other off. Also, an angry man with a gun, NOT a "good look".......

i pay lil to no attention to the color of the clothes i wear while hunting and have yet to be busted cause i was wearing blue or blaze or whatever.....

That comment reminds me of the saying "what came first the chicken or the egg"

How do you know you where not sprung? Have you ever seen a deer sneak off without a sound? Have you ever come across fresh tracks? A fresh vacated bed? If you go hunting enough I bet you a bazillion dollars a deer has sprung you without you even knowing.

Maybe due to your bright blue jeans and flanny.... maybe not.... one of lifes great mysteries.... might the answer be 42? *shrugs*

That comment reminds me of the saying "what came first the chicken or the egg"

How do you know you where not sprung? Have you ever seen a deer sneak off without a sound? Have you ever come across fresh tracks? A fresh vacated bed? If you go hunting enough I bet you a bazillion dollars a deer has sprung you without you even knowing.

Maybe due to your bright blue jeans and flanny.... maybe not.... one of lifes great mysteries.... might the answer be 42? *shrugs*

prolly cause ive sat in the open with in 100 meters of the critters im hunting wearing all colors of clothing and so long as i wasnt moving and down wind they paid me lil mind......if blue catches their attention i cant tell one group of 9 mule deer is a good example....even after the shot that dropped one with nothing between me and them and there was less than 75 yards between us, me on a bare clay hillside slightly above them....i was wearing blue jeans, a blue t-shirt and a blaze orange vest....deer knew something was going on cause of the shot and the fact one of their group dropped....i sat and watched for a few minutes to make sure my deer was gonna stay down while the other 8 looked around and looked right at me and didnt react until i stood up.....blue clothing didnt bug them at all, me standing up sent them running....

i aint relying on theory for my opinion, basing it on field experience......snuck up on enough others in blue clothing and bout any other color to know so long as i dont move when they are looking at me i could be wearing a clown suit and still get close......some camo helps to mask movement at very close ranges such as during archery hunting but overall movement busts yah far, far more than anything other than scent....

Edited by rattler