Kawasaki Klr 250

thomas33

its just a road trail best mate had one

watercooled steel tank soft suspension gutless but then most 250cc bikes are

not an AG bike they have racks and fat seats

they are ok for reliabliy if you keep an eye on the oil and coolant .........water pumps bugga up if you dont change the coolant regulary

XR250 would be a better bike.....air cooling(no broken radiators) go better better suspension etc

or a DRZ250 ;)

Mate if the bike is to be used out bush stick to the Honda range XT and XR both these bikes are tough look at the older 350s as they have that little bit more also even the TT from yam is a better choice than the klr IMO

1S1K ((0))

Mate if the bike is to be used out bush stick to the Honda range XT and XR both these bikes are tough look at the older 350s as they have that little bit more also even the TT from yam is a better choice than the klr IMO

1S1K ((0))

sorry to pick mate but XTs are yamaha :rolleyes: as is the TT ;)

the XR and DR are my picks for the KISS Keep It Simple Stuip world of bikes ;)

i'd prob go for the honda xr250. alot around so easy to pick one up second hand and grab parts etc. i have a yamaha tt350 out where we go shootin, nice smooth bike with alot of power. only downfall is its weight, not good manovering through thick stuff, and also, bugger of a thing to kick start sometimes, but she will eventually go. can't say too many pigs can out run ya on it :lol::P . but yeh, i'd probb go with a 250, enough power, nice and quiet and easy to kick over n alot also come with electric start now

The KLR250 is a basic road/trail bike (kickstart only). They were first released in 1984 and have remained unchanged since then (other than colours). I had a 1986 model and it was a good reliable, all purpose bike, never gave any trouble. If you want to go fast, or do big jumps, there are better bikes around for that. The KLR is not an enduro bike, but if used within its limits will give years of reliable service. Comfortable, by today's enduro standards it has a wide seat and soft suspension. A little bit heavier than most 250 4 strokes, and not especially powerful. It has a smooth, vibration free engine which is good on road for continuous high revs, unlike many of the opposition's bikes.

The KLR250 is a very good road bike, a competent off road bike, but not a race bike. Similar bikes to consider: Honda XL250, Yamaha XT250.

More offroad oriented bikes :Honda XR250, Kawasaki KLX250 (better in most respects to the KLR250) DRZ250, TTR250, TT350