Wrong Torch

Hey guys,

Ordered a torch on thursday week (28-4-11) and got it this afternoon (FAST POSTAGE FROM HONG KONG!). On opening I noticed they have sent me the wrong torch.

I ordered this one but received this one instead.

I have emailed them informing them of the mix-up and I have also left a message on their facebook page. I am sending the parcel back tomorrow and hopefully they will send me the right one back... :(

Edited by ShadowAssassin

Silly sausages.

The easiest fix for them would be for them to just send you the L2P body, head and switch. The L2i body is really worth bugger all anyway.

Everything is unopened and Mum offered to post it for me on her way shopping tomorrow.

I'll check my Email and Facebook tomorrow morning before its posted to see what they say.

Edited by ShadowAssassin

I wouldn't send it back until you hear from him. He may well just say to keep the L2i body and send you the L2P as ordered. The Pro-1 head will of course work with any of the L2 bodies.

Alright, I'll see if he has replied by morning if he has I'll tell him I am yet to post it. I'll hold onto it in the mean time.

Thanks mate.

OK, so SolarForce replied to my emails and it is all sorted, they are sending me an L2P Black Flashlight Body at no extra charge.

I was delighted with this result until today.

This afternoon I decided to unwrap the new torch as it was still in its original packaging in case it needed to be sent back. On unwrapping a small spring fell onto the desk. After taking a look, the spring was detached from the flashlight head :growl: (which must have happened in transit due to rough handling or wasn't assembled very well). Now at this point I was fuming as this torch was causing me never-ending troubles.

I have attached a couple of photos and I am wondering whether this can be soldered back on or is it best I try and get SolarForce to swap it for another?

I'm not to keen on the idea of having it sent back to Hong Kong and waiting for another.... By that time I will never want to see another torch again!

102_1763.jpg

102_1758.jpg

Kinda hard spot to solder into. If you stuff it up, YOUR fault.

I'd send them the pictures and ask them what they'd like you to do. You'll either post it back and get it fixed or replaced. Or they might just post another one and let you keep the broken one. If that's the case, then try soldering it and have three torches for the price of one.

Kinda hard spot to solder into. If you stuff it up, YOUR fault.

I'd send them the pictures and ask them what they'd like you to do. You'll either post it back and get it fixed or replaced. Or they might just post another one and let you keep the broken one. If that's the case, then try soldering it and have three torches for the price of one.

Alright I'll do that, Let them make a decision.

Jeez mate, you have had a bad run - I've never had any problems like that. That's the front spring for the battery - it sits between two similar springs, one at the switch and one at the head. I would do as Fireman said - though TBH it would not seem like a hard job to solder it, though it certainly should NOT be in that sort of condition!

Jeez mate, you have had a bad run - I've never had any problems like that. That's the front spring for the battery - it sits between two similar springs, one at the switch and one at the head. I would do as Fireman said - though TBH it would not seem like a hard job to solder it, though it certainly should NOT be in that sort of condition!

I seem to be a magnet for these sorts of troubles :rolleyes:

They were excellent when I emailed them the first time, I can't see why they wouldn't swap it over. They seem to be very reasonable people.

At least you got yours. I'm still waiting for mine to turn up and I think we ordered them on the same day! As long as they get mine right I will be happy. Let us know how you get on with yours.

Cheers

Shane

OK guys, Hopefully it is now all sorted.

They are sending me the LED part/module so I can just unscrew the broken one and replace with new one. I can then try and solder the other spring back on and have a spare emitter for the head.

With a bit of luck it might arrive just in time to try it out on the weekend. :thumbsu:

Fingers crossed :unsure:

Good news. I made two separate orders - the torch package and then a separate order for a tailcap switch and some batteries. The funny thing is the batteries and tailcap turned up but I didn't receive the torch itself. I'm hoping for tomorrow now!

All good, first part of the order turned up today. Will be testing the torch tonight, but looking at it inside, it seems to have a very tight spot with little spill.

Glad to hear. Let us know how it goes.

All I can say after testing these torches is unbelievable. Leaves every other torch I've owned for dead (and I've owned a few). Quick question though, the tailcap toggle switch doesn't seem to turn the torch on, it only stays on while you are pushing the button in. Is that how they are meant to work? If anyone could advise that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Shane