New Fillet Knife?

Hosery

Hey guys looking for a new filleting knife and thought I'd ask you guys first to see if anyone has any suggestions. Not sure how many fishos there are on here but guessed most of you would have a fair idea on quality steel. I've got a Mora knife and love it sharpens easy and holds a nice edge. But I want another good knife and going to try something different. Let me no what you have.

Tramontina and victorinox is what I use, don't know model or something, but they go OK for me, not much filleting happening here yet!

Just finished the pod on my Haines!

Cheers Hose!!

Dutchy

Been smashing the fish lately mate. Got my boat back in action and putting the hours in. The king fish keep eluding me or busting me up lately. Mostly been getting into the snapper and gummies with a few others fish thrown in. I saw 1 of those tramontinas and they look alright. Victorinox are fairly stiff aren't they? Not much good for skinning gummies.

Ah good 1! Once it's on the water you won't know yourself! The mrs showed me a photo of a nice trout you got the other day.

• Like 1

Been smashing the fish lately mate. Got my boat back in action and putting the hours in. The king fish keep eluding me or busting me up lately. Mostly been getting into the snapper and gummies with a few others fish thrown in. I saw 1 of those tramontinas and they look alright. Victorinox are fairly stiff aren't they? Not much good for skinning gummies.

Ah good 1! Once it's on the water you won't know yourself! The mrs showed me a photo of a nice trout you got the other day.

Tramontina is probably better for gummies I guess....never filleted one though....b6acdc0ec156d5c7b27c994a83bcb9e0.jpg

This puppy?

Gotta come up next year, we go to the reef in my tub!!

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a bloody nice Trout there Dutchie.

Wistler

Thanks mate, got some nice fish that day!

Bagged out on trout, all decent size around 500mm and up!

That's the 1 mate. Bloody cracker. Yeah I'd love to get a few fish and roll a few hogs at the same time. Gee decent size lead your using. What depth are you pulling them out of. Or just strong currents.

Think I've settled on a dexter Russell knife 8 inch Flexi blade. I'll give it a run anyway.

• Like 1

That's the 1 mate. Bloody cracker. Yeah I'd love to get a few fish and roll a few hogs at the same time. Gee decent size lead your using. What depth are you pulling them out of. Or just strong currents.

Think I've settled on a dexter Russell knife 8 inch Flexi blade. I'll give it a run anyway.

10 oz. And 8 Oz. When the run slows down, this day we had 2 mtr. Run, and fished average of 120 feet, some spots up to 190 ft.

That's with 60 pound braid, cause mono has even more resistance and it'll be 100mt behind the boat.

When the run stops I like to go as light as possible though......

Cheers mate!!

Hey guys looking for a new filleting knife and thought I'd ask you guys first to see if anyone has any suggestions. Not sure how many fishos there are on here but guessed most of you would have a fair idea on quality steel. I've got a Mora knife and love it sharpens easy and holds a nice edge. But I want another good knife and going to try something different. Let me no what you have.

Hi Hoesery. Vitrinox 15cm blade curved boneing knife, have lots of them, good for filleting and skinning, steel is a bit softer than swibo meaning easier to sharpen, great knives.

Cheers Graeme.