Boots

Lachy

just wondering if any of you guys have managed to find a decent pair of boots that are comfortable and will last. i have gone through 6 pairs of boots in just over 2 years.

i have had blundstones pull-on steel capped (cost about $140)

3 pairs of rossi trojans ($130)

bata lace up steel capped ($80)

the best pair i have had are my blundstones mountain masters but they are on their last legs :P , these cost about $180 and have lasted 6 months.

i much prefer lace up boots but nothing i wear at work seems to last.

any sugestions?

Lachy,

be careful buying "hunting boots" from cabelas. There boots are made for short term wearing (the length of the season only) most of their hunting boots are softer than a custard sandwich (like the donut eaters that wear them).

I spent a couple of hours in a shop in the states and walked out with a pair of cableas "mountain hikers" I have found them good and they are goretex lined which is great in the wet.

If you have to get steel caps I'd suggest Taipans if not fork out and buy scarpa's, sounds like you are hard on boots so get the best.

cheers

Hassie

do you want em just for work or for hunting?

I have a set of zamberlan's, pricey but worth it, they have a rubber toe over the leather so it doesnt wear out etc and the whole boot is totally waterproof, they are not steel capped and are really a hunting boot only, if you want em for work, probly not what your after

I bought a pair of Rossi Eagles in 1994. Good hiking/motorcycling boot. High laceup, thick leather. I wear mine all day whenever I ride to work (average about 3 days a week, for 12 years). They're about half worn out :D But a bit hot sometimes.

yeah i was looking at steel blue's i have heard good things about them. all my boots have worn out on the top leather where stuff gets spilt on them; oil, water, acids and alkalines ect. and the soles of some boots get shreaded by the anti-slip floor but the floor hasnt effected my latest blundstones? anyone know what different materiels are in these soles.

Blundestone boots have got different soles on different boots on there 500 series they have a rubber type sole and if you walk on a wet roof (new tiles) they are very slippery but if you are wearing there 505 boots they have got a pvc type sole which is fine when walking around on the wet roofs. I learnt the hard way slipped straight of the roof when it started raining :D

i have Garmont walking boots they are the low type very good for hot rocky stuff

not great for wet but ive had them for 2years now and im a fatC*NT so they get a caining

brama walking boots high type great for all terrain but a bit hot not bad on the bike

+1 on the steel blues for work type boots

I was in the same dilemma a while back, tried heaps on and talked to alot of people. I ended up getting a pair of steel blues, never looked back. So comfortable and very well made. I bought a pair that are designed for mining work, so the tongue is stitched all the way to the top, handy for keeping crap out of your boots and socks. I went to a store and tried them on, picked out the size I wanted then bought them for half the price (literally) on ebay. :D

thanks guys, yes i do work as a chef and my boots get raped, ill give redbacks or blue steel a go. i have looked at redbacks and they didnt look very good quality but ill look at them again and see how they go.

The Red Backs that i use have lasted me nearly 3 years now.Not sure what you mean " Not very good quality".

Mate they are made tough with a very comfortable sole and are Aussie made.

which is why i said id look into them again. where can you get them besides trims?