Internal firearm storage.

optic

Did a firearms course last night and this topic came to light.

Apparently. safes in sheds that are a work shops are becoming a concern due to the ease of tools available to cut into them.

Prior to doing the renos  Tarra made mention of turning a small secure inbuilt cupboard into a in house safe. A brilliant idea considering she is a Pom. (sorry Paul) So i started nutting it out some time ago. Using a lazy Susan I intend to make a rotary gun rack. With her toys in a separate steel safe. The steel safes will be bolted through the floor under the gun rack. Housing some ammo and Tarras toys. Separately.

So has any one made a rotary gun rack? Mine will have a round base plate with cut outs for the butts and a top plate with matching holes in it for barrels to go through.

Base plate will be 400dia. That will give it a bit of clearance around the base plate. The door is a solid door, weighs a heap. I will ad more heavy duty welded hinges to it.

Now the interesting bit. I would like to make a keyed 4 point+ locking system, with a separate set of locks for the door. A  central lock and a normal lock Or locks.

Does any one have any experience with this type of door. Im happy to copy a normal gun safe locking system. It does not matter how many locking points it has. It can be 8. So if you have any pics of how the multi point lock systems work. can you stick them up please. Once i have made this she might let me put the Pasload in the shed.:jig:

Maybe use a central locking kit from a car to drive locking bolts? Dunno what happens if the power goes out :)  But having a remote control to open your safe door would be cool!  You could use a second button to start the motor under the lazy susan!!

Other than that, butchering a std safe door is the only other thing I can think of. 

• Like 1