Digital cameras

mbow

IMHO 1st Nikon

2nd Canon

I have both one is an SLR the other is PAS. Both have their Pro's and Con's the only thing I can suggest is buy the best you can afford and buy the biggest card you can get :D

Cheers Bushy ;)

i use a fuji s5600 and just got a s5700 because it uses both sd and xd cards will except up to 4 gig cards,

7.1 meg 10x optical and takes raw photos much more compact than the s5600 with more features.i know bugger all about cameras but this thing takes shithot photos and is idiot prove sunsets blown up to a4 size still look great.and under $400

happy hunting

I recently picked up an Olympus Sp-550UZ, 18 x optical zoom, 28mm wide lens, dual image stabilization, 7.1 megapixel etc etc...

I find the 18 x optical zoom awsome for getting in close with no loss of picture quality.

Grabbed a stormhard case for it for another $150 to protect it on the quadbike.

Sinple unit to use all up for under a grand, with no rooting around changing SLR lenses.

cheers Hp

Fuji s5700. 10x opt zoom, 7.1mp, movie mode with sound and zoom (which is very useful wen u r hunting) and its pretty compact compared to others in its class. get a 2gb sd card and some energizer 2500mah rechargeable batteries and u r set 4 life.

Yeah I have the Fuji 5600. Takes great pics too.

Having said that I would probably look for something more compact to take out on a hunt with me. Out to the range or whatever, the Fuji would be fine, but I like to travel as light as I can on a hunt, so I have been looking at those Olympus waterproof and shockproof ones too. They seem quite good.