Magellan Triton 500

Got the Magellan Triton 500 on the weekend and even though it aint cheap it, with the DiscoverAus Streets and Tracks Topo maps is bloody great.

Went for a bit of a hike and jest left it in my pocket tracking me and it kept satellite reception the whole time. The software 'VantagePoint' is also very handy. Here is a snapshot of where I got bogged the other day.

So in short

1 - Way to expensive but better than getting lost

2 - Works a treat

3 - Great software

Nick

post-5601-1209985677_thumb.jpg

Got the Magellan Triton 500 on the weekend and even though it aint cheap it, with the DiscoverAus Streets and Tracks Topo maps is bloody great.

Went for a bit of a hike and jest left it in my pocket tracking me and it kept satellite reception the whole time. The software 'VantagePoint' is also very handy. Here is a snapshot of where I got bogged the other day.

So in short

1 - Way to expensive but better than getting lost

2 - Works a treat

3 - Great software

Nick

I think I'm guna go the 400, does the same as the 500 without the barometer/ compass. The screenshot you up'd looks great!

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/magellan/triton.htm

How much did you pay for the 500??

I bought the Explorist 500 from Ebay USA and got it delivered to St Kilda Melbourne all for under $200AU!!! And this included the world base map software.

I have since used it and am very happy with its performance, I HIGHLY reccomend looking at doing the same as there is very little mark up on magellan gear in the US.

Good luck.

How much did you pay for the 500??

I bought the Explorist 500 from Ebay USA and got it delivered to St Kilda Melbourne all for under $200AU!!! And this included the world base map software.

I have since used it and am very happy with its performance, I HIGHLY reccomend looking at doing the same as there is very little mark up on magellan gear in the US.

Good luck.

Hey there shet111

Yeah I paid a bit for it but couldn't be stuffed with all the mucking around with getting maps on it. I paid an extra $350 for the topo maps, car charger and mount.

Price was a rip off but you get that :blink:

Nick

p.s. you steves mate?