Cammo Clothing

From what i have read -- the majority of the animals only see greyscales and Blue and Yellow

I've read the same and found when I hunt deer it is more important to me to wear cumfortable and quiet clothing more so than the Camo gear. If I buy gear it's normally 2nd hand from Aussie Disposals, I find them quieter to move around in and don't feel as stiff as new gear.

I went for a stroll this afternoon with wild pork as my objective. Thought I would try out the new Blackfoot gear. Very comfortable apparel with heaps of pockets.

2006-08BlackfootCamo1.jpg

Drew ,

Are you the tree in the background on the far left ?

:):):D .

I like that Blackfoot stuff and the idea of heaps

of pockets . I like me pockets . It looks similar to the bush I

have been roaming in lately . Might give them a go when the

funds free up a bit . Old cammo gear wearing a bit thin .

Cheers Gray .

I can tell you what not to wear, and that's all black. Stands out like dogs b##ls in aussie bushland and scares game real easy.

Auscam works well in wetter, greener areas. Stands out a little in the drier, semi arid regions, where something more brown/grey would be better. I do think that pale skinned fellas like me need to cover our hands and faces - it really stands out, especially in low light and deep dark forest.

I do like getting all cammed up, but in reality, providing you're not wearing something really outstanding, like all white, yellow or all black, I haven't seen any real advantage. Scent (wind direction), noise, and movement seem to be far more significant than choice of camo pattern.

When hunting I usually wear normal clothes in dull colours, as this means you don't stand out too much in the bush, but also you don't stand out in urban environments too. Nothing like walking into a servo in full cams to make you look out of place ! (unless you're army).

From what i have read -- the majority of the animals only see greyscales and Blue and Yellow

the important thing is the breakup of your profile -- so saying that, any of the patchy camo gear around will work well - apparently with foxes and the like the reason for gloves and face mask is your hands and face showup as white beacons to them

Absolutely. Few mammals see well in the red/orange band. Humans being an exception. Most mammals will see red/orange as just another shade of green.

Meaning our blaze orange camo hides us from them but not other people.

At night it's even more limited. nocturnal animals usually see in just greyscale at night, so as long as you've got a camo pattern of some sort, cover your white bits (hands/face), that's all you need to be camouflaged.

If you're worried about UV brightening from washing powder, consider this. An easy test is to stand near a UV light. Just like at a nightclub, see how certain items of clothing will glow under a UV light. That will be how some animals like deer will see you. Generally not a problem with hunting clothing, unless you like to wear white.....