Cammo Clothing

Drew it looks like you picked a bloody ordinary spot to hunt there mate all that blow down and crap on the ground looks like it could be noisy as buggery mate,anyway i reckon you are right with the Real Tree stuff as its a little bit darker than a lot of stuff and it seems to blend (to my eyes) in a bit better in bush country. I wear combo`s of what i have clean at the time but i have to say after being converted to them that my Ridgeline fleece pants are the bloody ducks nuts.

I also reckon that a face mask like yours is well worth wearing even if you are not wearing camo at all...plus gloves or fingerless mittens (fm`s are better)

Well Woody gave me a bottle of "SPORTSWASH" and i have used it once but after hunting i always forget i have the stuff so i throw my gear in with normal front loader liquid,i dont give a rats about anything much like washing in such and such as you have to hunt into the wind and if game smells you SPORTSWASH or not they know its human scent..maybe their blurb on ultra violet light works ..i dont really know.....it sounds good but then the power of advertising eh!

That story of the stag last year...well he couldnt see me even though my gear was washed in super bright OMO and i was apparently glowing like a cave worm haha

their blurb on ultra violet light works ..i dont really know.....it sounds good but then the power of advertising eh!

That story of the stag last year...well he couldnt see me even though my gear was washed in super bright OMO and i was apparently glowing like a cave worm haha

This is what i have been told but i am with you i just use the normal stuff or the misus does lol

i dont give a rats about anything much like washing in such and such as you have to hunt into the wind and if game smells you SPORTSWASH or not they know its human scent..

I have always wondered this. If you stood in the smoke from a campfire (or left your clothes to hang) so your clothes were drenched in the smell of smoke, would that fool a deer? Or do you think they could smell your other smells such as BO through it?

Just an idea.....

Back to the topic at hand, I normally wear Auscam pants and a green short or long sleeved shirt. I wore dark green, long sleeved shirt while down in Victoria and these are very comfortable and pleasant to wear (cant remember what it's made from)

post-14-1143504644.jpg

They have got a very good nose phil the best way to hunt is down wind but any help in them not knowing that you are there would be a bonus.

Alot of blokes just wear jeans and a bush shirt and still take deer i suppose its what you are comfortable in

A mate of mine just came back from the US and brought back some mossy oak scent locking pant from cabelas only cost me $45 AUS and some fingerless camo glove with the flap you can pull over your fingers which only cost $11 AUS.

post-14-1143507482.jpg

Drew it looks like you picked a bloody ordinary spot to hunt there mate all that blow down and crap on the ground looks like it could be noisy as buggery mate,anyway i reckon you are right with the Real Tree stuff as its a little bit darker than a lot of stuff and it seems to blend (to my eyes) in a bit better in bush country. I wear combo`s of what i have clean at the time but i have to say after being converted to them that my Ridgeline fleece pants are the bloody ducks nuts.

I also reckon that a face mask like yours is well worth wearing even if you are not wearing camo at all...plus gloves or fingerless mittens (fm`s are better)

Up until September last year it was a good site! A number of animals have seen and taken in that area. Last September was the failed Sambar hunt with the constant rain, a mate’s twisted back and winds debris (snap, crackle & pop). A windstorm went through the area approximately 2-3 weeks before we got there. That photo was taken near camp on the only afternoon we could go for a hunt. I had a crack at my first stag (24") in full flight approximately 800m from that location in June 2003.

Planning on going to a new location this year.

I wash all my hunting gear in Sport-Wash by Sno-Seal

A mate of mine just came back from the US and brought back some mossy oak scent locking pant from cabelas only cost me $45 AUS and some fingerless camo glove with the flap you can pull over your fingers which only cost $11 AUS.

I reckon that scentloc gear is all hype mate. Next time you are out hunting with your mates and you fart I bet they can smell it :lol:

Hahaaaaa guaranteed too!

Of course its all bs hype...what about the outside of the clothing with car,dog,food,fuel,smoke,gun oil etc scents...geezus give us a break...the gear is good but the advertisers scent lock claim is not...

I reckon that scentloc gear is all hype mate. Next time you are out hunting with your mates and you fart I bet they can smell it :lol:

My mates where hoping it was going to work for there sake aswell

Hahaaaaa guaranteed too!

Of course its all bs hype...what about the outside of the clothing with car,dog,food,fuel,smoke,gun oil etc scents...geezus give us a break...the gear is good but the advertisers scent lock claim is not...

For $45 AUS i dont care about the scent block i just wonted the pattern and the drawstring waste. They are nice and comfortable which is all the counts for me

:P If thay make commo in thermal pants I will buy em. Last time I went hunting was in dark blue thermal pants with shorts, boots and garters. Great for silent stalking. Looks funny if you have the stripie ones. Keeps you cool in hot climates and warm in cold climates.