Light Force Spotty

Thomo

Have been told by a mate that he has replaced the globe in his lightforce SL240 wiht a xenon gas globe, He claims to have compared it next to a night eater which the light force outperformed by a fair margin (Standard it does not).

I will be conducting a feild trial (Yippie Shoot) tomorow night on the local foxs and will let you know how this performs.

Has anybody else done this mod and found it to be effective? :blink:

The light was very bright indeed the lense was in as new condition so didnt have a comparable one as the 240 we use has done a bit of work.

Not sure if it was a little to bright for foxs but as they were hard to get to sit. i will have the part numbers on wedensday for those interested.

Nah was pretty much the same, But it was only a couple of degrees outside so i dont reckon anything would have got to hot, The light appears to be alot whiter than a normal globe

Pm Sent.

Forgive me if wrong but spotlight range is dependant on focal lenght of reflector, power of lamp in watts creates the heat to damage lens so if wattage similar for xenon as standard the only bonus should be whiter/brighter light, xenon lights have longer effective life than halogen lamps and higher lux level.

For light distance not to be affected lamp position should be same as original for corect focal lenght.

Thomo have you tried a red lens cover for foxes they don't tend to affect light output to much but seem to confuse foxes.

How does xenon go for battery life compared to original?

Light force make great lights i use a power beam it's good to about 300m but am after a light force rifle mount unit

I agree with what you have said and it may all be well and good,

All i know is this was one bright light!!!!!

have tried the filters but they reduce the range of your light so not much good for us as the places we hunt the foxs are pretty flighty and wont let you get real close so we need to see em early and work out a good plan of attack.

Cant find where it was written down at work but have a few of these on order they may take a while to rock up but will post some details when they arive

Forgive me if wrong but spotlight range is dependant on focal lenght of reflector, power of lamp in watts creates the heat to damage lens so if wattage similar for xenon as standard the only bonus should be whiter/brighter light, xenon lights have longer effective life than halogen lamps and higher lux level.

For light distance not to be affected lamp position should be same as original for corect focal lenght.

Thomo have you tried a red lens cover for foxes they don't tend to affect light output to much but seem to confuse foxes.

How does xenon go for battery life compared to original?

Light force make great lights i use a power beam it's good to about 300m but am after a light force rifle mount unit

The best thing about these globes is the very bright beam. It's not so important to get huge distance, but the brightness allows for a much better scope picture.

Were these the ones with a vertical or horizontal filament?

I use the vertical filament in my 170 and have heard they are best - but not having compared it to the horizontals - don't know if it makes that much of a difference

cheers

JMF

one thing you might want to try wityh the filters is to drill some holes in the filter to let more of the white light through.

Don't go crazy just a few round the edge and one near the middle but not directly in the center

lets a whole lot more white light throuhg but and gives you a much better circle of light to aim with through the scope.

Thomo- interested in those part numbers- have a couple of 170's I want to try them in.

later

p

Certainly keen to give that globe a try. I had real trouboe whn i was roo shooting blowing the standard Lf globes all the time. I have my 240 blitz wired with 6mm and I have it earthed to teh chassis verty close to the roof mount. the volt meter says we were getting 14.4 volts. I moved to the 15 volt 150 globes and got better light and better globe longevity.

I certainly use the red lightall the time and find that while it does reduce range I actually get mnore foxes. When I can see the fox in the scope it is dead- no chance long shots and also the are less flighty.

On my landcrusier I had 2 240 blitz lights on the one mount- one red and one white. could flick between or have both on. Shot a lot of fox with that set up.

cheers

PD

Thomo, in regard to your light being too bright.

A mate of mine used to have the same trouble while using his Night Eater shooting roos on the open downs. He was finding that he was moving them ahead of him because of the distance the light was reaching. His answer was to use an AMP ajuster off of a small welder, so he would find them on full power and then back it off untill he worked through the mob. You could also use an instrument dimmer switch.

The Details are.

OSRAM xenophot

HLX

Part numbers

HLX 64625

FCR

12v 100w

It will be a white and orange box compared to a normal OSRAM box which is blue and and white, The globe must have HLX written on the bottom of it.

Good luck finding em and let us know what you think of em if you give them a whirl.

Ask some electricions where they get ther supplies from and check there,

I cant tell ya where i get mine as it may not be real good for my career ;)

if this is the lamp you fellas are looking for:

64625.jpg

then I can get them for you from my people in the US, we use them in maglites to convert a 3D maglite into a 3600 lumen beast. - like this one lighting up the whole gazebo:

CPF_GTG014.jpg

RS623.jpg

they only cost about $7 but postage is stupid unless you buy a few, if we can tally up an order for a few then the postage will divvy out to be a lot less per bulb.

these bulbs have a 50hr life on them and produce 3600 lumens @ 12 volts, most 100w produce about 2800 lumens and have a 2000hr life so they are being overdriven slightly. They will be noticeably brighter and not use the battery up any faster but you better get a few of them because they do go quickly at 50hrs.

NO thta is not the globe, the one im talking comes in an orange and white box not blue and white,

It will have HLX written in the bottom of the globe aswell,

This bloke has been using his for around two years so i wouldnt worry bout life length to much

Sorry i stand corrected they are in the box you showed mate, the ones i saw were older ones, i have just picked up some and put them in Fizza's spotlight with scratched and #### lense in it and they made a big difference,

The thing to look for is that they have the HLX written on the GLOBE base.