Gaiters

Jock

Gaiters, I haven't used them before, but WOW, they are fantastic.

After 4 days, of walking through waist high wet grass, I did not have a worry in the world. LOL.

Not only for protection against, Joey Blakes, but great for seeds and the like.

I am just so happy with them.

I just use the cheap cotton ones from Bunnings. I've used them for many years and generally don't hit the bush without them.

Recently bought a couple of pair of orange hi vis gaiters.

Maybe one day when I'm wealthy I buy some of the heavy canvas type.

Edited by markzz

The canvas type are tops. The little short ones for the everyday use, the long ones for when doing stuff like Jock mentions.

How can you ever put boots on without them?

Are the canvas ones very noisy in the scrub?

Santa's bringing me a pair of of gaiters that have a nice soft outer fleece, but have a waterproof membrane as well - nice and quiet. I'll be keen to see how they go in the wet.

The grass seeds will love the fleece mate.

I cant wear any fleece of any sort at this time of year and some days its cold enough to.

They protect you from just about everything, except leaches.

hey mate like some one said up the top of this um do they make a noise when you are walking?? and what are they made out of ??

cheers bil.........

Depends on which ones you buy - most of the gaiters that are not made of a soft material such as polar fleece will make a noise these include the hard cotton type. Gaiters are made from cotton, canvas, synthetic canvas and other synthetic materials.

If you are handy with a sewing machine or needle and thread buy some polar fleece from your local haberdashery such as spotlight and make you own. You can choose what weight polar fleece you want to use and what colour - it comes in camo patterns as well and you can make the length to suit yourself. These will be quiet and if you spray them will one of the spray on waterproofing sprays they will keep the water out.

:)