Bushnell Bino's

In the market for a pair of budget bino's to replace my $40 el'cheapo eye straining 10x50's.

Looking at a pair of 8x30 or 8x40's for general hunting duties, and looking at The Optic Zone, their prices on the Busnell seem quite reasonable. Looking at the Legend, Trophy and Excursion ranges. Any feedback on these, or any others in the same price bracket, would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

In the market for a pair of budget bino's to replace my $40 el'cheapo eye straining 10x50's.

Looking at a pair of 8x30 or 8x40's for general hunting duties, and looking at The Optic Zone, their prices on the Busnell seem quite reasonable. Looking at the Legend, Trophy and Excursion ranges. Any feedback on these, or any others in the same price bracket, would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

I think you will be disappointed in that range Rick. At that low price with freight etc included it is just as cheap here in oz.

Cheers

Rick

Steiner predator pro 8x30 or nikon monarch 10x42.Not seen the Bushnell,but told they are crap.Have the nikon myself,very very good,and looked throught the steiner last week( farm property)and very very good.Not in the same bracket as Leica or Swarovski,but then what is.

Try the vortex range of bino's. I personally have the crossfire 8x32 and couldn't be happier.

They penetrate into the pine perfectly and they were clear out to about 1 km(they are the cheapest model)haven't got to try them any further yet.

Someone i know has a more expensive model and they are even clearer again definatley worth a look. Danein

Ok, the Bushnell idea dosn't look to good, and i would be on an instant diet (2 stones lighter :P ) if went home with a pair of 2G Swarvo's.

The Vortex Diamondbacks look pretty good for the money. Can anyone compare there with the lower end Leupolds?

Rick

Rick1970

Mate I use the Bushnell Discoverer in 10x42, they are good quality. The only problem i had i was out guiding with clients in the pouring rain, rain got into them( supposed to be waterproof) but sent them back, replaced within a week, no questions asked. I used a set of meopta 10x50, found them a lot better especially in low light & in shadow areas. The meoptas are around the $1100, bushnells were $650. That is the only problem ive had with any bushnell equipment. I use their scope, rangefinder, spotting scope, trail camera all good stuff. But i will lean towards the meopta for clarity in low light.

Tony

Nikon or Stiener still for me.If you see the difference between the lower end bino's and something a little bit more pricey during the falling light,then you will see value for money.Most bino's will give you a good picture during normal daylight hours,but it is low light conditions when a good pair of optics come into there own.I learnt the hard way,by buyibg a pair of Barska for +$250 a few years ago.I have since got the Nikon Monarchs and couldn't be happier.

When looking through bino's,you want a pair that gives good low light performance,are clear and not fuzzy around the perimeter,and comfortable to use.Go to a gun shop and have a look between the lower end stuff and the top end stuff.The difference is worth the extra

Hi, I'm new here and don't kow how to start my own thread so I thought I'd jump on here.

I'd like to know something about binoculars. My friends son is turning 21 ansd he is a keen pig hunter. We are looking to purchase a pair of binos for him, but I'm not sure what to get. Can anyone recommend something suitable. I'm after something waterproof, shockproof, compact and price range $100- $200 (maybe a bit more). I liked the review on the link below. Has anyone else used these? Or should I just stick with a brand like Tasco?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/alpen-shasta-r...culars-472.html

Thanks in advance for any suggestions for this clueless newbie. All info will be relayed back to the father for consideration.

Nikon or Stiener still for me.If you see the difference between the lower end bino's and something a little bit more pricey during the falling light,then you will see value for money.Most bino's will give you a good picture during normal daylight hours,but it is low light conditions when a good pair of optics come into there own.I learnt the hard way,by buyibg a pair of Barska for +$250 a few years ago.I have since got the Nikon Monarchs and couldn't be happier.

When looking through bino's,you want a pair that gives good low light performance,are clear and not fuzzy around the perimeter,and comfortable to use.Go to a gun shop and have a look between the lower end stuff and the top end stuff.The difference is worth the extra

I'll keep this in mind when looking to purchase binos. Thanks for the tip.

I have a pair of Brownings in 8 x 42 cost under $300 tried them against a pair of 10 x 42 Leica geovids that cost $3,000.00

The Leica owner was very impressed with my Brownings, he thought they were an excellent pair of binos - his mate didn't think there was any discernible difference between the two and is going to buy a pair of 10 x 42 Brownings