Footwear..

JUTS

If you look at 90 % of work boots sold here in aus they have sizing on them , sample blundstone boots i got for around camp this week and for mowing the lawn and so on at home, size aus/uk 81/2, usam91/2,usaw---- os it helps in getting it right also most site's have a diy sizing chart, place foot on paper trace around measure and look at chart and it works.(thats what i did for the first pair i got ) hope that helps

fenring:

http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm

Works great. There will always be a risk buying overseas, no question. WORST case, the pair you bought dont fit. Sell them, buy the right size and you will still have money in your pocket if you had have bought them in Aus.....

After reading about Gryphon and Ronos boots and where they bought them I just had to do the same. Best decision ever. Cheers lads B)

About 5 years ago I bought a pair of Scarpas, I can't remember the model but they were all leather and cost close to $400 and they fit me like a glove, I broke them in for a couple of months before going for a weekend hunt near Mansfield, after one day hunting my feet were very sore and I put this down to the vibram sole being too rigid although adequate for gentle undulating country, I should have looked for boots that had more flex in the sole but this was due to my inexperience.

Since then I have walked the Kakoda track in a pair of Aussie made boots with no problems apart from ####ly heat rash between the cheeks!

At the end of the day all you can do is try on as many boot brands as possible and do your research and avoid mistakes like myself.

Barcoo

You have to be kidding mate...dedicated hunting boots are made for dedicated hunting ...not walking around a flat concrete factory floor.

You and the original poster are truly showing a lack of any worthwhile knowledge in posting such rubbish such as and are not the best option whilst contouring steep slopes

holy hell have you ever actually hunted in steep rough country?

What a load of crap.

The best pair of boots are the ones that you find most comfortable, whilst giving the best support. Who cares if they are a $120 pair of work boots or a $400 pair of hikers? There are plenty of work style boots that do the job well, just as there are plenty of hiking boots that fail miserably.

I can't see the issue. Horses for coarses.

TH

I reiterate my previous statement..... no crap!

A lifetime of hunting just about every sort of terrain has let me know personally what works and what doesn't other wise all the blokes that get out and do it all the time would be wearing work boots...

And to add ,I don't pay any where near $300 let alone $400 for boots.

I reiterate my previous statement..... no crap!

A lifetime of hunting just about every sort of terrain has let me know personally what works and what doesn't other wise all the blokes that get out and do it all the time would be wearing work boots...

And to add ,I don't pay any where near $300 let alone $400 for boots.

Fair enough Gryphon, just rereading my previous post where I said "dedicated hunting boots", this is a very blanket statement, may have been better if I said dedicated outdoor boots. I am similar to barcoo, I made a poor choice in the boots I selected with soles that were too stout, due to my inexperience also. I still have an open mind on buying hunting or hiking boots and, after reading what the rest of the fellas are saying about the deals Cabelas have and the Aussie dollar 0.86c at the moment I would definately consider buying from OS !

skeet

Boots that have a stiff sole i.e. they are very stiff when you try to bend the toe of the boot back up towards the back of the boot when you hold the boot with the toe of the boot in one hand and the heel of the boot in the other hand are designed to be worn when hiking and carrying a heavy backpack

Boots that do not have a stiff sole are designed for hiking without carrying a heavy load

Boots are designed with various stiffness in the soles - the stiffest boots have a steel shank running through the sole and are designed for walking with heavy packs

The boot that does not have a very stiff sole is easier to walk in than a boot that does have a very stiff sole when not carrying a heavy load